Stoneleigh March 2014 non BBKA Event

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite a lot in the SW as well, i think it should be held in Bodmin.

Pull the roof over on the Arms Park - plenty of rooms, bars, food outlets 200 yards away from a mainline station and loads of parking for those who can just slip off the M4 - under floor heating for all those soft Southern beeks worried about their cold tootsies and we can take the grass away as well so no danger of mud :D

I hope it is a massive success which will give beekeepers a bigger choice
So do I. I can't see how a trade event would be a bad thing, after all companies such as Th0rnes have had multiple 'sales' or 'special events' throughout this year, I can't imagine they'd have done that without being sure of making some money.

We would travel to Stoneleigh, could be there and back in a day, but Harper Adams is out of the question. It's too far and would mean an overnight stay, which would be too expensive.

I hope it is a massive success which will give beekeepers a bigger choice

So do I. I can't see how a trade event would be a bad thing, after all companies such as Th0rnes have had multiple 'sales' or 'special events' throughout this year, I can't imagine they'd have done that without being sure of making some money.

We would travel to Stoneleigh, could be there and back in a day, but Harper Adams is out of the question. It's too far and would mean an overnight stay, which would be too expensive.

:iagree:

But everyone would like an event close to them.
Try getting accommodation close to Harper Adams unless you book a year in advance.
Any savings made are blown away by the travel and accommodation costs. For me most of the lectures are regurgitated subjects anyway.

From adverts I understand there will be lectures, presumably in the Wolfson Theatre which in the past has been over subscribed and can be too hot - let's hope it's a cold, dry, sunny day! I've been going the Spring Convention for some 35 years.

£4.00 in advance and £5.00 on the day, all as now advertised in Bee Craft. Cheap I would say.

Now the BBKA Spring Convention is at Harper Adams they have to follow the main holidays, there is no half term at such places. Personally I think early March is best, if it's a fine April day people will want to look at their bees. The 1st of March is the Saturday obviously, I suggest the first Saturday in March in the future for the independent exhibition, if indeed it's a success.

But 1st sat in march is our county spring convention! Oh dear, so much choice these days....

Quite a lot in the SW as well, i think it should be held in Bodmin.

And there I was hoping you'd support my suggestion of Maidstone!

You would get my vote on that HM, would be a great reason for a holiday down in the west country. Even though Maidstone is closer lol.

After looking at the list of dealers going to the Stoneleigh event I will going to buy goods, but not to the Spring convention.

Tel no for the Stoneleigh Event is the same as Fragile Planet's. Or did everyone else know that already!?

Bet that confuses things, having two telephone numbers the same.

No confusion - just confirms that the event is being run by Fragile Planet...
Or as a minimum Fragile Planet are supplying the organisers some office facilities.

From a logistical point of view, Fragile Planet are probably the nearest supplier of their size to Harper Adams. You can see why they might not be pleased with the idea of having larger suppliers like T, M and so on arriving with lorry loads of sale goods on their doorstep. Plus at Stoneleigh they get a chance to make some sales at a reasonable distance from their own backyard rather than being pressured to discount to the people who might buy from them locally anyway.

Latest posts

Back