A few questions from a would be beekeeper.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only time I can't give straight or even audible answer is when my other half asks how much have I spent on setting up the Bee's... mumble, hum, ramble... normally end up with a vague answer like "ooh quite a bit"

My wife is disappointed that I don't have enough hives, it's ok for her as she's not the one who has to do all the work.

The only time I can't give straight or even audible answer is when my other half asks how much have I spent on setting up the Bee's... mumble, hum, ramble... normally end up with a vague answer like "ooh quite a bit"
You may want to tell your partner that it is a hobby that Is considerably cheaper than most others, £1000 for a set of sticks to knock a ball around a destroyed countryside cropped to within a millimeter of its life and pay weekly to do it, if that doesn’t work head for the pub 😊😊

I prefer not to actually answer these types of question, but when I extract x lbs of honey just say things like " I think that's about breakeven now". It's usually met with a raised eyebrow and some mention of the additional kit I've bought this year ( kinda nice to think he's actually noticed what I'm up to). This usually invokes a question from me about how close to breakeven he is with his golf hobby 😏

Latest posts

Back