Sticky Numbers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Sadly, I'm getting to the age where if I don't write it down its forgotten. So what, to aid my note taking I need to number my hives and was wondering what brand or method do you use to number your hives?

Have used the old screwed on numbers sold by Thornes et al for several years, but it really knackers my ocd if I have to combine colonies

Going down the numbered disc route next year too

Got red ones for hives and blue for nucs

My hive record card moves with the queen.... record lives in roof of hive and is updated each visit... also on separate sheet.

Have little plastic stripseal bags for hive card as insects and occasional rodent has been known to have a nibble!!

Polly nucs and apidea / keilers etc all have numbers branded into the roof and boxes.

works for me

Mytten da

Ditto Newbeeneil, have these on my hives. Held on by spare Thones brass nails. Sit in my truck and fill out record cards, easy to see the discs.

I made hive numbers on my laptop with MS Word. I included my name and contact details then laminated them. They're stapled to the hives

Latest posts

Back