Special offer Posca pen set.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What mm nib do you all use on the posca pens.....ta

What mm nib do you all use on the posca pens.....ta
Anorak alert:
The ‘conventional’ pens (thornes, etc) are medium, 1.8-2.5mm (PC-5M) as per the hobby craft link above. The tescos link is for the fine tip, 0.9-1.3mm (PC-3M). So I think most people use the medium.. 🤷‍♂️

Probably, as it’s not easy to see.
TBO I find no Posca pens easy to see after a while as they tend to wear off. Hence my switch to Toma.
On the flip side I find the Toma nibs are poor by comparison to the Posca ones so I use a mix of both.

@Gumbers thanks for pointing that out. Hope all is well with you.

Anorak alert:
The ‘conventional’ pens (thornes, etc) are medium, 1.8-2.5mm (PC-5M) as per the hobby craft link above. The tescos link is for the fine tip, 0.9-1.3mm (PC-3M). So I think most people use the medium.. 🤷‍♂️
I use the smaller size and find it a lot easier, no blobs all season.

Better still, there cheaper in Tesco with a clubcard. Think similar on Amazon currently too.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/309068395
Asda:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/painting-colouring/posca-paint-marker/1000252802381

£12.00 without a club card ! Just bought a set for woodturning ..

I find the Toma ones are better for queen marking though (When I can find the queen and can remember where I last put my crown of thorns - just one of several crown of thorns I've misplaced !).

Asda:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/painting-colouring/posca-paint-marker/1000252802381

£12.00 without a club card ! Just bought a set for woodturning ..

I find the Toma ones are better for queen marking though (When I can find the queen and can remember where I last put my crown of thorns - just one of several crown of thorns I've misplaced !).
I keep my pens and Crown of Thorns in a rectangular tin: once used for shortbread fingers..
Toma for me: cheaper and better (ebay)

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I keep my pens and Crown of Thorns in a rectangular tin: once used for shortbread fingers..
My crown of thorns are in Zube tins (Do you remember Zubes ?) that I found in my Dad's garage after he died - perfect size .. sadly, I've lost the tins with the COT in them ... the pens I never seem to lose.

I think this is the answer - I need a bigger box and to keep the pens and the COT together ... as I never lose the pens I should be able to keep track of the COT and a bigger box may help !

I keep my COT in a small mint tin, along with fluorescent pink pen, ( only colour I use) in the breastfeeding pocket of my suit. Always to hand

I use a Quality Street chocolate tin from Christmas. Made of plastic these days though

Latest posts

Back