Simon the beekeeper closing down sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody experiencing delay might be better served by taking it up with the company?

You guys just need to be patient.

Surely no one is going to need 95% of what they have ordered for another 2 months anyway. Just let the poor people preparing your order get on with their (quickly disappearing) jobs in peace.

I don't think anyone is being impatient or complaining to be honest - someone posted that they hadn't heard anything form their order of a week or so ago, and a few of us replied in the same vein. That's not impatience by any means, nor is it badgering anyone or complaining (as far as I can see). I'm happy to wait for my order as I don't need a new suit just yet anyway (hence my reply and stating that i'm not going to call as i know they'll be busy). I also absolutely do understand that those people must be pretty down at the moment, so another reason not to 'complain'. I also feel sad that they have had to take this difficult decision, it's a real shame and a loss for all of us in terms of what they have supplied up to now.

Not complaining but with slow couriers, crap Post Office service etc I just wondered. I ordered a battery which did not turn up for weeks. The guy sent another then the first one came but no sign of the second one, He is out £70 on that but if it does turn up I will be sending it back to him but that is from before Christmas so not holding my breath.

Ordered some of the crown boards with bee escapes on the 14th they arrived a few days later although the plastic bee escapes were missing, not fussed as they were quite cheap. Placed another order on the 20th for one of the cheap pull over bee suits, some frames and nails, smoker and some porta bee escapes 20p each - as of yet not had any update😬
Just had a text to confirm it’s being delivered by Royal Mail on Friday fingers crossed everything’s there!

I assume the decision to close the company down was taken suddenly as they still have an advert in the latest BBKA News. ☹️

Just got a refund for the brood boxes i ordered . Darn it

Same here, stocked up on a couple of spare jackets, smokers, tools etc that I have at each apiary.
I bought the professional jackets as they had run out of the 3 layer ones in my size. £18 is a snip.
ordered 14th Jan text from Royal mail this am delivery tomorrow

Shame. I've had a fair few things from there over the years. I picked 5 bundles of frames. There's no foundation left unfortunately

Or cancel your orders and and pay full price somewhere else .. STB is a small business... they are not Amazon ! Give them a chance...
:iagree: I took the opportunity of stocking up my hoard of castellations and runners as he was always my 'go to' for these as he couldn't be beaten on quality or price (I would have added a few more 'English' feeders to the order if he'd had any left), sent my order in, filed the confirmation and I shall now forget about it until the courier knocks on my door.

I assume the decision to close the company down was taken suddenly
It's often the way. I remember years ago sat in our living room after having tea (which we only ate after my father came home from work - he had returned to carpentry work by then) and listening to my parents discussing the struggles they were having in keeping our grocery shop going against the steady march of the supermarkets. Dad just ran his hand through his hair, put out his Woodbine, said 'bugger it' (seldom heard him use any word stronger than that - apart from the day Thatcher became PM) 'kids, use the last bottles of windolene to blank out the windows - Waterloo shop is now closed down'

Order arrived a day early all there apart from instead of a pack of super frames I’ve got a pack of brood but can’t complain will still make use of them. Really pleased with the £4 smoker

parcel is on its way, ordered on 14th Jan. Just been partially refunded some, though no idea what its for . Expect it'll be the one thing I am waiting for to get on with floor making. But thankful for all my dealings with Simon, its always been good for me. . and wish him a happy retirement up here in Shropshire with his Alpacas.

I placed my order on the 19th. I haven't heard anything yet but have read online that they are very busy and please don't call them. I am not worried about the delay at all in these circumstances. I ordered a couple of £1 bee suits as folly so not too stressed if they don't have them and I get a refund. My order was mainly built around the defender suit and a new smoker (glad to hear the £4 smoker is decent!).

Beekeeping jacket ordered four days ago - arrived today. Always had excellent fast delivery from STBK.
My delivery arrived today, surprised the suit had 2 veils, it this usual?

Had an email this afternoon to say that my order is now shipped. I now have a brand new STBK Defender suit, in grey, size large that I will either return (it wasn't as big as I thought it would be), or sell on the forum for what I paid, which is probably better for STBK as at least they won't have the extra hassle of bringing it back in stock and sorting my refund. So, if anyone is looking for one check the classifieds as it will be posted there for 1 week (if not sold by then, i'll return it for a refund).

Had an email this afternoon to say that my order is now shipped. I now have a brand new STBK Defender suit, in grey, size large that I will either return (it wasn't as big as I thought it would be), or sell on the forum for what I paid, which is probably better for STBK as at least they won't have the extra hassle of bringing it back in stock and sorting my refund. So, if anyone is looking for one check the classifieds as it will be posted there for 1 week (if not sold by then, i'll return it for a refund).
If you want to get rid of it I was too late to get just that size and colour. PM me to relocate it!

Latest posts

Back