Show us Pictures of your Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a leaf cutter bee that nested in a log that I drilled some holes into, this past summer.
001674.jpg

(I don't have any pics of my honey bees but thought this was worth a look)

That is soooo pretty - and in focus too! I wish I could photograph things so well...

Wow- hope you dont mind Dr Stit and dd£ . I have nicked your pics to put on my powerpoint for my talks- super photos :hurray:

Heather

That's fine - and if you want any more pictures of fecund bootilicious ladies doing their thing i'm sure i could track some down (although not sure if allowed on work computer!).

That's fine - and if you want any more pictures of fecund bootilicious ladies doing their thing i'm sure i could track some down (although not sure if allowed on work computer!).

Shame on you... Downloading that kind of stuff....

she's a very dark queen,is there a bit of robbing going on in that picture?,some of the bees are very light coloured.

Bear in mind that queen bees are sluts-when they go out on the pull they don't mess around. Different coloured workers have different fathers.bee-smillie bee-smillie bee-smillie

Apis mellifera waynetta?

"Bear in mind that queen bees are sluts-when they go out on the pull they don't mess around. Different coloured workers have different fathers."

reminds me of the wonderful harry enfield sketch where waynetta slob was moaning: "all the ovver girls have got brahn baybies! I wanna brahn bayby!"

Here we go, my Devon girlies, sorry the first is so blurred - it is clear in 'my pictures'!!!

There's that pretty one again! Jeez she gets in a lot of shots doesn't she!

lol, thanks. It might be my glove. I have started using the same gloves each time, but at first it was a free for all, mine are yellow now. Actually, looking at the pic, I think they might be Pauls, because I can see my skinny leg in the background :p

Late summer

picture.php

Hive 3

picture.php

Hive 1

picture.php

All local mongrels. The younger bees seem to be more yellow than the bees I had earlier in the year.

I agree with DorsetB, whilst I can see the difference in colour, I don't know what type of bee I've got. Guess it must be my inexperience!! Love the photos though.

Nope - cannot post any pictures here using the paperclip method, it opens an upload page but never uploads any file.

ok folks

whats a URL ?

shonto

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back