Save our forests

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much info on that site. Most forests are managed ie they are planted cut and re-planted doesnt give any info saying this will not be the case. I am not for or against just that there is only one side of the story there.

Not much info on that site. Most forests are managed ie they are planted cut and re-planted doesnt give any info saying this will not be the case. I am not for or against just that there is only one side of the story there.

I agree veg,another lop sided bullshit story....to make it sound like they intend to clear fell every forest in the country, and turn them into golf courses and holiday villages.

Have you seen where the average forest is planted?

On the sides of very steep hills............ to make a golf course? LOL

I dinna think so.......... another heifer dust story.

PH

It is very easy to get people to sign up for things but how many actually check out both sides ?

Somebody ought to check out how the government got to be the owners of them in the first place.....

Lack of timber in the 1st WW.

Hence Forestry Commission.

PH

And even more forrest plantations during the 70s, as tax loopholes for the super rich.
Crown estate .....better go back to the time of the norman conquests.

You cannot remember back that far can you pete

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/save-our-forests

cut and paste...fill in form... petition to stop con~dems selling off our forests to the highest bidder!

some interesting views expresses.... bees love horsechestnuts when in flower...bee-smillie

I am quite sure all our National Parks will be safe as ancient woodland and SSSIs will be... but vast tracts of forrest in Wales and Scotland will be raped of trees in 6 years... another carbon sink released back to the atmosphere?

BUT... what is safe in the hands of the "SELL OFF BRITAIN" CON~DEMs ?

I wouldn't trust them with my Grandmothers shopping!!!

but vast tracts of forrest in Wales and Scotland will be raped of trees in 6 years.

Thats just what most of them were planted for in the first place,and then they are likely to replanted and harvested again.

Bit like EXMOOR then?

Bit like most places.....there are tree's being felled and left to rot in some places....there are too many of them,some in the wrong places,as i said earlier.

But the same trees that, bycommon consent, ruined thousands of acres of Scottish landscape are being cut down and left to rot - paid for once again with public funds.

This is the timber that was planted in the 1980s for tax purposes until the government was forced to step in to stop it," Marshall said. "Now we are using public funds to just cut it down and leave it. To add to that, these are 25-year-old trees that could be used for woodchip to provide fuel.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/scotland/Public-pays-to-let-stars.2763850.jp

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/save-our-forests

cut and paste...fill in form... petition to stop con~dems selling off our forests to the highest bidder!

A few years ago University of Plymouth had the need to fell an ancient oak to put up the Lewinski building.

I now have 100 + oak saplings from acorns collected from that tree and these are being planted out in places where they are unlikely to be felled for the next generation and the ones that follow them

an oak can not produce acorns untill it is 50 years old Guess THAT is why conifers were planted, because they were quick to grow?

Therefore instead of grizziling about land mismanagement of the past.. for profit of the few... plant a tree... and save the ones we have got?

Sign the petition !

and save the ones we have got?

But continue to import tree's cut from the rainforests of the world, and timbers from other countries,instead of using are own sustainable source of home grown timber.

Sign the petition !

No..not enough imformation about it.

Last edited:
and save the ones we have got?

But continue to import tree's cut from the rainforests of the world, and timbers from other countries,instead of using are own sustainable source of home grown timber.

Sign the petition !

No..not enough imformation about it.

The information is out there if you can be bothered to look.

If you don't care about it then don't sign but stop making up reasons not to. It's getting boring!

A few years ago University of Plymouth had the need to fell an ancient oak to put up the Lewinski building.

I now have 100 + oak saplings from acorns collected from that tree and these are being planted out in places where they are unlikely to be felled for the next generation and the ones that follow them

an oak can not produce acorns untill it is 50 years old Guess THAT is why conifers were planted, because they were quick to grow?

Therefore instead of grizziling about land mismanagement of the past.. for profit of the few... plant a tree... and save the ones we have got?

Sign the petition !

I've signed it I've signed itbee-smillie
I don't suppose I could have one of your oak saplings please?
Not for signing (I did that ages ago) but I could give it a good home.

In an ideal world if they are sold they are leased with the condition that it has to be managed woodland and no property development.

an oak can not produce acorns untill it is 50 years old

Umm, sorry not true at all!!

As an eight year old i gathered up a bag of acorns and planted them. The trees are now twenty seven years old and they have been bearing acorns for well over fifteen years. The acorns are viable too as the grey squirrel keeps planting them and they grow.

Latest posts

Back