Questions about managing honeybee diseases

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I write for those who can tell the difference between science and internet amateur beekeeper bs.
Remember, these people are 'queens' because they spout often. That's it.
All we've seen from you thus far is a lot of noise without much substance to back it up, it's almost as if you are trolling for a response

(Health here means the ability to thrive without beekeeper support).

Varroa kills every hive without beekeeper's support. Carry on dreaming... the hive will be dead, not only sick.

Without beekeepers' here no bee colony could be here. 150 years ago we did not have here honeybees. It took years that beekeepers learned to keep them alive.

Last edited:
Remember, these people are 'queens' because they spout often. That's it.

Yes, there are some that post a lot but don't provide a great deal of substance but there are some very experienced beekeepers on here, with a great deal of practical experience of keeping bees in all sorts ot ways, who go out of their way to provide helpful and informed advice to people who are often struggling with a beekeeping problem.

Your disparaging comment, generalising that all those with high post numbers are just spouting, is both incorrect and ill-informed.

To be perfectly candid, I've just looked back over your posts and about 75% of them say absolutely nothing of any relevance - you appear to be heading in the right direction to meet your own criteria for advancement.

Varroa kills every hive without beekeeper's support. Carry on dreaming... the hive will be dead, not only sick.

Without beekeepers' here no bee colony could be here. 150 years ago we did not have here honeybees. It took years that beekeepers learned to keep them alive.

You must have missed, or forgotten my post speaking of how I have 80 or so colonies, some of them 7 years old, which have never been treated in any way, or messed with in any way. And some of them, some years, give very good yields indeed.

I'm not the only beekeeper doing this.

Your disparaging comment, generalising that all those with high post numbers are just spouting, is both incorrect and ill-informed.
If it came across that way it wasn't meant to. The obvious reality is that not all who have posted enough to become 'queens' are familiar with the fundamentals of husbandry. Or the measure of their lack of knowledge.

You must have missed, or forgotten my post speaking of how I have 80 or so colonies, some of them 7 years old, which have never been treated in any way, or messed with in any way. And some of them, some years, give very good yields indeed.

I'm not the only beekeeper doing this.

Impossible to know, what is a good yield and a good yield indeed. 50 kg or 70 kg or 110 kg. And how many boxes. And without nursing the hives. Just keeping them.

I had wondered what important milestone you'd had to achieve to get your title!

..yes, just the milestone of emptying my pockets of a few quid. I was actually wanting to follow the current fashion and to put my national flag up there, but that no longer seems to work. :scotland-flag:

..yes, just the milestone of emptying my pockets of a few quid. I was actually wanting to follow the current fashion and to put my national flag up there, but that no longer seems to work. :scotland-flag:
Worth every penny though - where else would you get so much beekeeping information and entertainment for the price of a couple of jars of honey ? Ask Angie about the country flag or just replace your Avatar with it ?

Latest posts

Back