Queen rearing Spring 2019 BIBBA

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Newton is a long way north of the Mersea. But still a fair way from Campbeltown.

Thanks for that I had missed that location. Yes everything is a long way from where I live. Glasgow is a 3 hour drive, then the rest of the journey starts. So in the case of the Newton venue around 6hours drive one way. I will just wait for someone to post the salient points.

It would still have been thoughtful to have had one venue somewhere in Scotland.

BIBBA are arranging spring Queen rearing courses for any interested parties

Nothing much to do with queen rearing just the same one-man road show that Roger championed a few years ago. I think it was called Bee improvement for all. Basically it's the same talk with a new title.
If you want to hear again about the evils of non-local stock, why AMM tick all the boxes, why poly hives are a waste of time and how he's keeping the Dave Cushman website alive then go along.

Nothing much to do with queen rearing just the same one-man road show that Roger championed a few years ago. I think it was called Bee improvement for all. Basically it's the same talk with a new title.
If you want to hear again about the evils of non-local stock, why AMM tick all the boxes, why poly hives are a waste of time and how he's keeping the Dave Cushman website alive then go along.

So.... have you been to one lately?

:calmdown:

That sums up the feelings of some posting about it on Facebook.
They walked out with 2hrs to go as no mention of queen rearing methods had been made, just 4hrs of BIBBA propaganda.

That sums up the feelings of some posting about it on Facebook.
They walked out with 2hrs to go as no mention of queen rearing methods had been made, just 4hrs of BIBBA propaganda.

I went to one of his talks in Feb 2016? 2017?

Entertaining if you have never been before. I fell asleep in the morning session.. which says it all.

Entertaining if you have never been before. I fell asleep in the morning session.. which says it all.

It is difficult I must agree to stay awake at some lectures.... especially when they coincide with you afternoon nap!

Did not go to any of the BBKA Spring Convention lectures last April... repeats/ revamps of previous years... YAWN!!!!

Regardless of the subject, content, or quality, just find the bloke is a bit of a nob, couldn't sit through any of his talks

Did not go to any of the BBKA Spring Convention lectures last April... repeats/ revamps of previous years... YAWN!!!!

Not much better this year either, maybe one or two talks could attract an interest, I tend just to go to network, meet old friends and go to meetings not organised by the BBKA

Originally Posted by madasafish View Post

It is difficult I must agree to stay awake at some lectures.... especially when they coincide with you afternoon nap!

I never mix morning naps with afternoon ones..the latter are reserved for post pub lunchtimes.:paparazzi:

Not much better this year either, maybe one or two talks could attract an interest, I tend just to go to network, meet old friends and go to meetings not organised by the BBKA

Long way for me to go on the Trusty Triumph just for a bit of square dancing and a burned sausage!

Did you give any feedback on what you achieved or did not achieve by attending the experience?

OR... just come on the Beekeeping Forum to have a pop at BIBBA for some reason???

Constructive comments are generally better accepted than outright criticism.

( Well that is what I emailed to Jeremy!)

It's BIBBA, not the BBKA, would be good if it became common for these things to be recorded, etc. or possibly even a live webinar incorporated into, but that might be gilding the lily.

I went to the one on 9 Feb and it was recorded. Think there was a plan to make it available so maybe keep an eye on the BIBBA website. But wouldn't recommend it: not much technical info, agree with comments others have left.

Did you give any feedback on what you achieved or did not achieve by attending the experience?

OR... just come on the Beekeeping Forum to have a pop at BIBBA for some reason???

Constructive comments are generally better accepted than outright criticism.

( Well that is what I emailed to Jeremy!)

Always leave feedback.
Nothing to do with BIBBA.
Roger's starts the programme by saying his talk is based on his experience and not BIBBA's.

I went to Chepstow as well. It was enjoyable. Roger is an engaging presenter. Wasn't really very much on queen rearing though was there? Lots on how to make up nucs. It could have done with different presenters and probably different ways of getting the material across. Lots of talk, from Roger, made it a bit monotonous . No opportunity given to express feedback on this. Organisation very good. Some 'facts' weren't . Worth the time and money.

Latest posts

Back