September "not to miss Conference Cirencester University

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Miriads
The Bee Improvement and Bee Breeders Association (BIBBA) has always understood the benefits of using locally-adapted honey bees, particularly those derived from native British native honey bees. For over half a century, it has helped many beekeepers rear their own queen bees and improve their stock by:

· Serving as a reference point.

· Putting like-minded bee keepers in the same area in contact with each other so that they can work together.

· Sharing practical tips, basic theory and scientific unerstanding.

· Providing hands-on queen rearing courses in different parts of the country.

· Awarding equipment grants for local Bee Improvement Groups.

The 2018 BIBBA Conference, entitled “Improve your Bees and Bee Keeping”, will take place between 6 and 9 September at the Royal Agricultural University in Cirencester. There will be over 50 lectures, seminars and presentations from over 30 presenters. Full details can be found at

https://bibba.com/event/bibba-conference-2018/#more-4273

We would be most grateful if you could share this information amongst your membership and we hope to see you there.

Last edited by a moderator:
cirencester !!!!

Hoppy, me old china I'll not add the obvious comment.
But consider it thought :) ...too many natives in one sentence as well....
Good luck they are usually cracking conferences for anyone keeping any type of bees.

I'm local so might pop along

Are the workshops/presentations/seminars bookable or does one just rock up and sit down?

Are the workshops/presentations/seminars bookable or does one just rock up and sit down?

There are "streams" of lectures to suit all levels from beginner to advanced.
All the lectures are bookable.
Not just for the native bee fancier, as all the skills of beekeeping are transferable... even after getting on for 60 years of beekeeping I am still learning.
Greatest thing of all is that it is fun!

Yeghes da

Hoppy, me old china I'll not add the obvious comment.
But consider it thought :) ...too many natives in one sentence as well....
Good luck they are usually cracking conferences for anyone keeping any type of bees.

Hope to see you there?
I will even buy you a pint!!!
Cheers

Back