Proplis Proof Floor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveJ

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I'm just about to start building a new Honey Room and I want a floor that I can easily clean and doesn't get stained by propolis. Ideally I want something I can Jet Wash.

Floors going to be approx. 9m square. At the moment I'm tending to some sort of resin.

Thoughts Appreciated.

SteveJ

I'm just about to start building a new Honey Room and I want a floor that I can easily clean and doesn't get stained by propolis. Ideally I want something I can Jet Wash.

Floors going to be approx. 9m square. At the moment I'm tending to some sort of resin.

Thoughts Appreciated.

SteveJ
Is jet washing a bit OTT maybe?

Resin would be great. I've just gone with lino for a similar size room and its very durable.

Pressure washing would spray up on all your equipment. Maybe just stick to a mop and bucket;)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Whole idea is its going to be a wet roof so I can wash down everything. Even designing a CIP SIP system.

Steve

Done properly quarry tiles will out last us all, unless its on wood

I used a polishing machine on mine then food grade floor paint. never had an issue with it.

Pressure washing??????????? You're not serious surely!

If you need more than a floor mop something is seriously wrong.

PH

Mine is concrete painted with Ronseal Diamond Hard Garage Floor paint, and I pressure wash it after doing extracting. There is a drainage channel down the centre of the room.

Back