Price of sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
might have put it on today, it's on the home page.

CostCo (if you are a member)
£7.89 for 15 x 1Kg bags (52.6p / kg)

Funny that it was cheaper per kg than the 25kg sacks and already measured out for me :)

**edit: oops just seen that the thread started with Costco price, lol **

Last edited:
Visited my local Bookers today with a certain membership card that I believed was supposed to allow me to buy my sugar there ... the girl on the desk knew nothing of the arrangement and, after failing to find anything on her decrepit computer, shrugged and suggested I return with my passport, headed paper, first born son etc. to open an account.

It has to be easier than this, surely? How do I buy my sugar at Bookers?

--
fatshark

Just bought some from Bookers today, same scenario as Fatshark, but they gave me a day ticket no probs.

I have been told that QD are selling 2kg bags at 57p. It's cane sugar - which says in one book I have read is better for them than beet - might be nonsense though!

Sorry - me being daft again - I meant 1kg bags - 2lbs! They are 57p a bag - cheaper than alot of other places.

Visited my local Bookers today with a certain membership card that I believed was supposed to allow me to buy my sugar there ... the girl on the desk knew nothing of the arrangement and, after failing to find anything on her decrepit computer, shrugged and suggested I return with my passport, headed paper, first born son etc. to open an account.

It has to be easier than this, surely? How do I buy my sugar at Bookers?

--
fatshark
Re: BOOKERS I took a copy of the quoted article to Booker Exeter and they signed me up without even looking at it - but you could try flashing the qoutes...http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5912

Thanks Queens59 ... I'll give it a try. Checked a couple of my hives this evening and had to give them some emergency syrup and at ~92p/kg (Tesco) I'll soon be bankrupt :mad:

--
fatshark

Lidl was 69p/Kg last time I was there - no need to go bankrupt in Tesco.

Latest posts

Back