Pressure Washer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Comb

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
10+
I'm looking to buy one for patio cleaning. Budget is £200.
Can anyone recommend any make or model?
I understand the ones with metal valves are the best (some of the cheaper Karcher have plastic valves I'm told)
Thanks.

can I recommend that you have a cup of tea and think it over before parting with loads of cash!

pressure washers usually create a micro porous surface on patios, meaning that once you start using them, you'll be at it for ever.
they blast the crud all over the place, meaning you'll spend longer cleaning up than you did doing the job.

any branded 'patio cleaner liquid', with a stiff broom, and a watering can or hosepipe to rinse off with will do just as good (if not better) a job, in half the time.

ignore all the above if you are a 'must have more power tools' type

Agreed. Makes sense. Bristle brush on shopping list.
Thanks TB.

What about for cleaning extractors, Tony? Or ras?

I scrape my extractor clean with a tupperware spatula, then wash with cold water.

That's what I've been doing, but wondered if a pressure washer might be put to that use.

I scrape my extractor clean with a tupperware spatula, then wash with cold water.

So do I, but quite often that cold water is delivered via my pressure washer.

So do I, but quite often that cold water is delivered via my pressure washer.

but you didn't purchase it just for that job, did you?
it's great to use what facilities you already have, but £200 for a pressure washer just to wash out an extractor is a bit OTT

Home use power washer

I got my power washer from a company that is fairly local to me. It's a little portable thing but they manufacture it so the quality is much better. It's called an 90-28 from evopower and is a small petrol thingy. Found it brilliant so far and that had a detergent bit for the lance. Use it all over the exterior of the house and it was £150 online I think.

Latest posts

Back