Poll: Do you like Cut Comb?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do your prefer Cut Comb or Liquid Honey?

• Cut comb consumer only

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Prefer cut comb but eat liquid honey

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I have no preference

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Prefer liquid honey but eat cut comb

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Liquid honey consumer only

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well it's an interesting result so far, 2% would only eat cut comb and nothing else, but up to 50% would eat cut comb if offered. I wonder if the way to generate demand is to have a word in a few friendly celebrity chef's ears and get them to come up with some receipes that utilise cut comb (and honey in general) -Fearnley Whittingstall, Oliver and Smith to name but three...does anyone know them or know someone who knows them ??

S

I wouldn't like to say that cooking with comb honey is impossible but it can't be easy either. Even Mr Blumenthal might feel a bit constrained with his blow torch...lol

Just spent 20 odd minutes googling for recipes and found quite a few but they refer to a sort of cake called Honeycomb, and nothing actually to do with Honey comb as we know it as beekeepers.

To be honest I feel that the best way to enjoy comb honey is to cut a bit off, enjoy the sensations of the wax fracturing and savour it in the mouth.

When asked if one should swallow the wax I just say with a straight face,

"Oh yes, it's a natural lubricant you know." Usually it gets a laugh.

PH

Sorry, but if I wanted to chew wax - I could buy a candle. Having said that...I have never had MY OWN cut comb, which may be wonderful...

Regarding Hugh Fearnley-W - he responds/someone on his team responds to emails and ideas quite happily...give him a try. They also run a beekeeping course, should you win the lottery!!

It's not so much chewing wax as a different sensation. I'm sure that a lot worse things are put in the mouth for the sensation that taste a lot less pleasant.

For my part I'll stick with the cut comb, thank you very much, but I can see how the idea might not necessarily appeal LoL

Latest posts

Back