Petrol

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No-one wants to go to Cornwall in March..

It's cut off from civilisation - at last.

:conehead:

What a farce - thank goodness I can walk to the hives - only 3 miles - not sure about dragging all my equipment behind though... how would this country ever cope in a real life and death situation - next thing it will be a stockpiling up on food, just in case people run out of food.... or a politician thinks it might be a good idea to keep filling up your larder when it is only half full...

Where am I supposed to store all this petrol?
The bath is already full of stamps and pasties!

The pit in my garage holds 5,000 litres of diesel.. and I have space for 1,000 or so jerrycans...

Francis Moard? - where do they get them from??? Hope he never becomes Minister of Defence or Chancellor.

We should stuff him in a jerry can if he comes up with that again during the swarming season.

The pit in my garage holds 5,000 litres of diesel.. and I have space for 1,000 or so jerrycans...

Good luck finding a petrol station that will let you fill up 1000 jerrycans!! Last I heard, 2 is the max!! Perhaps you could keep going round in circles and joining the massive line of idiots after filling up two each time! ;)

A30 in Devon Haldon Hill out of diesel - Chumleigh turnoff, no super unleaded, and Alphington Sainsburys struggling or by now out...I wish I could walk everywhere...

New supermarket opening nearby (3 miles). Will be able to do the shopping on my bike. Panniers at the ready.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WHY are people doing this? I have to travel for work each day - usually 80 miles :eek: but now I only have 30 miles of diesel left in the car, and all the local garages have run out. Upshot - I CAN'T GET TO WORK. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I suppose I'll have to spend the weekend finding a queue to sit in.

Not happy at all.:confused:

Reminds me of three very prim and proper elderly spinsters who lived up the mountain from us - whenever there was some news article on something which could run out - they'd start stockpiling it. My father reckons if they announced a coming (no pun intended) shortage of condoms we'd find them in the queue! - sums up most of these eejits buying ten gallons of fuel when the usually use five a fortnight.

Does anyone know whether aviation fuel for private jets is likely to be in short supply? Now that WOULD be a concern!

Can I be done for breaking the hosepipe ban if I syphon the neighbour's?

The sad thing is, we can no longer survive without petrol. 70 years ago many people grew there own food and worked and played locally. Now we rely on petrol driven trucks to bring our food to us and we need gallons of the stuff to get us back and forth to work.

If petrol was to dry up today, within 90 days more than half of the population would be dead due to starvation.

Our addiction to petrol is shocking.

We use bio ,and have local supply.
But not tried it in the van yet,should be ok though .

Latest posts

Back