• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Beekeeping Job Opportunity

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinovincenzo

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Beekeeper wanted for a full time position managing approximately 80 hives for an estate outside of Truro, Cornwall.

Duties include

• routine inspection of colonies acrosscentral Cornwall
  • Harvesting, extraction and jarring of honey
  • Identifying and treating hives for pests and diseases
  • Swarm catching and baiting across the estate
  • Running around 6 beekeeping workshops per year for beginners.
  • Queen rearing to sustain honey production colonies
  • Hive maintenance, repair and construction.
  • Apiary maintenance
  • Honey deliveries.

A take home work truck (Nissan Navara or similar) is provided and the potential to rent (preferential rate) a cottage on the estate is available.

Please message me if you have any interest or enquiries.

Wow, full time pay plus benefits for a part-time job! I'd jump at that if I was single

Wow, full time pay plus benefits for a part-time job! I'd jump at that if I was single
Just realised if says “full time” I wonder what you would be doing the rest of the time? 80 hive wouldn’t keep a decent beekeeper busy for more than 2-3 days during the summer. Much less outside the busy season. .

Yes, probably nothing to do with beekeeping 🙂
Most estates like it if you have other skills, I’ve done landscaping since I’ve been working for mine.

Appart from the beekeeping duties, you are just going to be a goffer. No doubt the contract offered will have ill defined duties, get this nailed down excluding anything you really don't wish to do.
if you end up renting the cottage offered, they have you by the balls !

Just realised if says “full time” I wonder what you would be doing the rest of the time? 80 hive wouldn’t keep a decent beekeeper busy for more than 2-3 days during the summer. Much less outside the busy season. .
I think you could blag it for 6-8 months of the year (especially if your queen grafts kept 'failing') but outside of that you'd be struggling to justify 1 day a week 😂
With only 80 hives you're not even producing that much honey that'll need delivering 🤔

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back