Oz Armour Suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without wishing to confuse matters re sizing...! I'm 5'7 " and i have bought a full suit. I have a medium and it fits. I run around at about 75kg . Make of that what you will.
Oh but it has :)....
I'm 5'7" and around 90kgs and I have the 2x extra large....it's baggy length ways but otherwise fits fine.
On reflection the 1x extra large would have been fine as well. But it matters not, what I have works. Apart from a sting through the veil it proved impregnable to what was a very very bad F1 Carniolan colony last season.

I can't understand there being much of a problem with the fencing veil other than the bottom part can ride a bit close to your chin, there is adequate space but it's zipped too high up. The plastic strip holds the top out firmly and the visor protects you from the sun and the ventilation keeps your head cool. The zips fit very closely together at the back and there is also a Velcro safety flap. At the front, I make sure they pull close together before securing the Velcro behind, then allow the tapes on the zippers to hang inside the Velcro before securing the flap.
I've worn this suit on the last four inspections and can't praise it highly enough. You really won't want to reach for your others.

I could not agree more, i will never ever where my other cheap suit ever again, i have done two inspection and a three way split in warm weather and i have come out of it totally dry and fairly relaxed.

I was bone dry today. Its a miracle.

Oh but it has :)....
I'm 5'7" and around 90kgs and I have the 2x extra large....it's baggy length ways but otherwise fits fine.
On reflection the 1x extra large would have been fine as well. But it matters not, what I have works. Apart from a sting through the veil it proved impregnable to what was a very very bad F1 Carniolan colony last season.

Spot on, i'm 72kg and the large would have been ok but the Extra large is also ok, infact i think the extra size has worked out for the better with the jacket style i chose, the reason being the arm length, if i stretch my arms out the baggy part of the suit tightens, i dare say if i got the next size down and stretched my arms up the back of the suit may well ride up my back.
Regardless of that these suits are surely the way forward in beekeeping.

oz suit

is there some where in the UK that sells these suits

Alternative is to keep bees that don't require you to wear a B-Suit.

Working on bees all day seven days a week and never wear a bee suit... and very rarely a veil, imagine it would be hell wearing any kind of bee suit all day long, every day, in this hot weather.

If you made the occasional mistake and ended up with some F2's you'd wear one.
You are very fortunate.

Pete, you just covered in factor 50 sun cream :D

Tried out my new Oz Amour suit for the first time yesterday - what a joy to wear just shorts & tee shirt underneath. Not a breath of wind though so still soaked in sweat - but then I was soaked just walking round in shorts & tee before I put the suit on. Got one very brief wiff of a breeze at one hive - how lovely that felt!

Seems a good quality bit of kit. I'm a bit sceptical of the "guaranteed no stings" claim but none so far so I'm happy. Only thing I don't really like is the shape of the zip on the veil - where it goes around tight, square corners.

Have always used Sherriff suits and had 1 of the nylon ones made up with extra mesh it’s done the rounds in Africa and the carribean and stood up to very casual treatment. I like the look of the extra ventilated oz version so if any know of a supplier/event where they can be viewed pls drop me a pm. I love going through hives in shorts and fencing the veil but there’s that horrible sticky stuff that ruins clothing, nothing like a pair of new jeans or shorts with a brown propolis stain to ruin them

Latest posts

Back