Oz Armour Suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was an option for UK/AUS to click on when I ordered mine. Click on the UK option and you had a size chart and suit options. It was back in a week.
Wore it today and can confirm it was great, didn't sweat at all apart from the usual marigold pools.
Just be aware that the veil is closer to your chin because the zip arrangement is too high on the chest.

That is where i may have made a mistake Steve, but when it says UK stockist i would have thought they have a stock pile of them over here also and it should be obvious to the company i am in the uk by the delivery address i gave them.
Not to worry it will hopefully arrive for the late summer inspections.. :spy:

P.s good to here the positive feed back.

Well well it has arrived..

On a plus side of things as intended it will be cool it is also well made and not heavy IMO..

ON a negative side i ordered a large but they sent me a X Large i can get away with that as the arm length is just about ok..

The Fencing veil however is pathetic, i had two pieces of plastic strips inside that i had to work out where they go (no instructions but i quickly sussed it out) .
The worst thing was the size of the veil, i would have had to have a head like a medicine ball for it to fit, when i put it on and got it all zipped up the front of the veil was facing my chest :eek: , if i had got it from the UK i would have sent it back but with it being sent from Australia i had to have a little think, P@P and all that palava, so the needle and cotton come out and i stitched the back of the hood to the tab on the back which i presume is for hanging it up, it is usable now but for 1p of £100 i should not be dealing such issues.

Feedback result on the suit 100%

Feedback result on the size Fook up 1%

Feedback on the Fencing veil -100% .

I've had an email saying it's arrived.....but it hasn't.

Did you get the 20 quid cashback? I've emailed asking when they apply it but no reply.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It was £120 no? Ah, do you have a smock?

Yes sorry

My neighbour just dropped mine off. A full suit with a round hood. Pleased to say it fits. Will see how it goes soon.

The Fencing veil however is pathetic, i had two pieces of plastic strips inside that i had to work out where they go (no instructions but i quickly sussed it out) ..

Threw out the bits of plastic myself, they made things worse. It's not the best designed veil....also took those tags off the hood zips as they left a bee gap....I was dealing with a very nasty hive...so might not apply in most cases.
But sod all that was wearing mine today and it was a pleasure to be beekeeping, a nice breeze made what would have been a horrible sweaty job in a normal suit errrrrr a breeze.

Threw out the bits of plastic myself, they made things worse. It's not the best designed veil....also took those tags off the hood zips as they left a bee gap....I was dealing with a very nasty hive...so might not apply in most cases.
But sod all that was wearing mine today and it was a pleasure to be beekeeping, a nice breeze made what would have been a horrible sweaty job in a normal suit errrrrr a breeze.

Can we get OZ Armour Undies to stop things sticking to the inside of our leg's..:spy:

Anyway aside the other comments i wore the suit for the first time today and i took my first few stings of the year today also, luckily it was through my nitrile gloves and not the suit.

Regarding the suit i can recommend the product to anyone out there, i had a bit of a awkward day today which took longer than expected in warm weather, when i had finished and removed the suit my hair and body was bone dry with not a drop of sweat anywhere, being over the moon is a understatement, i might where it for bed tonight :spy:

Anyway aside the other comments i wore the suit for the first time today and i took my first few stings of the year today also, luckily it was through my nitrile gloves and not the suit.

Regarding the suit i can recommend the product to anyone out there, i had a bit of a awkward day today which took longer than expected in warm weather, when i had finished and removed the suit my hair and body was bone dry with not a drop of sweat anywhere, being over the moon is a understatement, i might where it for bed tonight :spy:

I was pretty sweaty by the end of my inspections today. Maybe I’ll splash out. Millet, how does your XL work out in battle conditions? Do you normally buy 42”/large in jackets and shirts?

I was pretty sweaty by the end of my inspections today. Maybe I’ll splash out. Millet, how does your XL work out in battle conditions? Do you normally buy 42”/large in jackets and shirts?

The XL will work out perfect in battle conditions, size wise i ordered a large the company sent me a X large which is not too bad but the veil will fit a over inflated pumpkin inside.

My normal clothing size is medium, i'm around 5ft 6/7 some clothes do not fit, i am not skinny or fat just half fit in the arm and shoulder area so there lies the problem with me i think ? ..

For all i slag the veil a fitting side of thing's these suits are the way forward IMHO, PM me and i will give you a Northeast Monkey hanger view of them over the phone..;)

Without wishing to confuse matters re sizing...! I'm 5'7 " and i have bought a full suit. I have a medium and it fits. I run around at about 75kg . Make of that what you will.

Going to give a full test run later on.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I can't understand there being much of a problem with the fencing veil other than the bottom part can ride a bit close to your chin, there is adequate space but it's zipped too high up. The plastic strip holds the top out firmly and the visor protects you from the sun and the ventilation keeps your head cool. The zips fit very closely together at the back and there is also a Velcro safety flap. At the front, I make sure they pull close together before securing the Velcro behind, then allow the tapes on the zippers to hang inside the Velcro before securing the flap.
I've worn this suit on the last four inspections and can't praise it highly enough. You really won't want to reach for your others.

Latest posts

Back