Oxalic acid fogger/atomiser

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have used two wands with a leisure battery for years, just bought a Gasvap so that will be my next upgrade but for 15 hives.

have used two wands with a leisure battery for years, just bought a Gasvap so that will be my next upgrade but for 15 hives.

Many thanks - coincidentally as I have literally just ordered a Gasvap! The idea of carrying a 12v battery and 'skipping' over the associated leads did not seem particularly attractive, particularly when my innate gift of clumsiness is factored in!

Don’t bother they are rubbish. Got one in my garage, which someone gave me to see if I could get it to work. With no success.

Many thanks - coincidentally as I have literally just ordered a Gasvap! The idea of carrying a 12v battery and 'skipping' over the associated leads did not seem particularly attractive, particularly when my innate gift of clumsiness is factored in!
Me too, now I have an out apiary it's too much lugging a battery and leads around.
The gas vap will enable me to treat via the hole in the crown board so no getting down on the ground to shove the varrox underneath.
For £46 I could probably have made a few myself but time is a precious commodity at the moment.
Can't wait to retire 😩

The one pictured at the top. Trying to make the concoction is a pain and cleaning the gun out is even worse.

I have a Gasvap and tbh I rarely use it, I much prefer for my few colonies to use a pair of pan type's and small footprint lightweight 12v lion or lipo batteries which can fit in a coat pocket easily.

That depends how long you're planning to keep bees. If you kept even just a couple of hives for the next 20 years it could be worth it in terms of effort saved vs hives treated.
I wonder how many of our current members will expect to benefit from that payback period?

I can't speak for the OP but lots of youngish people have joined the forum recently.

But aside from that I was just making the observation that number of hives isn't the only deciding factor

Good point but as I'm in my 7th decade, I've even stopped buying LP records!

I am in my 3rd decade and use a Johno's easy Vap oxalic acid vaporizer. Have not lost a colony in the last 5 seasons since I started using it. It was the third type of OA vaporizer that I purchased and it is the only one that I have used for multiple seasons. I don't know if he is still making them but his contact information is john Olivier <[email protected]> Send him an email and see if he still is making them.

Here is a link to make your own:

Latest posts

Back