Oh dear.....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annie,

I think that PH's concern was that beess can kill and seriously injure if mis-managed or mis-handled, whereas chickens can't......unless you perhaps choke on one at Sunday lunch!

Cris

Oh yes, I accept that. I agree that beekeeping is not to be undertaken on a whim, but then neither is any sort of 'animal' management. It is a long term committment with responsibilities. I would discourage anyone from starting out without reading up, going on the appropriate course and finding someone generous enough to mentor them.
I noticed in the other thread on this topic that there was a vague objection to the recent interest in Beekeeping turning the 'hobby' into a female dominated one as opposed to male which evidently it is now. Why would that be a problem? ~lol~

Annie,

I think that PH's concern was that beess can kill and seriously injure if mis-managed or mis-handled, whereas chickens can't......unless you perhaps choke on one at Sunday lunch!

Cris

Oh! can't they , I was once attacked by a flock of black leghorn cocks as a young man. I cleared the fence (couldn't reach the gate ). The guy who was fattening them for Christmas said " I always carry a broom stick handle plus a shovel, the handle to whop them with and the shovel to protect my face" NICE! now he tells me :leaving:

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back