Labour to end exemptions from ban on neocotinids

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.....why not?
Watch "My Octopus Teacher" on Netflix and promise me you will never eat Octopus again
I do not question that vegan products are marketed but rather that they promote false marketing to gain a foothold in the market. In this case, this product comes from mushrooms, not even from a vegetable protein of marine origin.

A reduction in sugar beet production is a worthwhile price to pay for improved human safety and ecological security. Resumption of resistant crop R&D is a far better way to go.

Whilst I entirely agree with the R&D aspect, my earlier point was that we take a holier than thou stance for the UK production, then substitute this for materials produced in an environment that we campaign against in the UK. Its hypocritical and if any government wants to introduce a permanent band on neos, then they should also only allow sugar into the UK that has been produced to conditions acceptable in the UK.

I wont hold my breath

I'd like to go pescatarian if fish wasn't so damn expensive. Ridiculous really. We sell all of our best fish abroad where you can buy it cheaper than the crap we get here.

Whilst I entirely agree with the R&D aspect, my earlier point was that we take a holier than thou stance for the UK production, then substitute this for materials produced in an environment that we campaign against in the UK. Its hypocritical and if any government wants to introduce a permanent band on neos, then they should also only allow sugar into the UK that has been produced to conditions acceptable in the UK.

I wont hold my breath
That has been one of the reasons for the mobilizations of farmers and ranchers throughout the EU and in May there is an election for European parliamentarians. It is the payment of signing commercial agreements (to sell a handful of technology to the elites, we pawn the farmer to subrogate food security to third parties).

I do not question that vegan products are marketed but rather that they promote false marketing to gain a foothold in the market. In this case, this product comes from mushrooms, not even from a vegetable protein of marine origin.
I know but I thought I would throw my admiration if these wonderful creatures into the pot.

I know but I thought I would throw my admiration if these wonderful creatures into the pot.
The good thing about Galicia (especially in the interior) is that you can eat octopus every day (if your pocket can handle it) and all this thanks to the tireless female work of several generations of women from the town of Arcos (lower green dot in the first map).

Attachments

• eneromapas3.jpg
    eneromapas3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
Sugar for honey?

Love a drizzle of honey on porridge in the morning. No way I'd replace it with sugar. Blasphemy!
Bad grammar on my part - replace sugar with honey would have read better!

swings and roundabouts. Poor UK sugar yield means T&L, another big Tory donor, will import more from far away places where the worker conditions and control of herbicides and pesticides are far less regulated
I don't think the plantation owners in the deep south have slaves cutting sugar cane and picking cotton these days.🤔

I suspect the fact that he is an anti-EU hereditary Tory peer might undermine his argument somewhat, to be honest.

James
I just googled him.
Of course the wealthy tax dodgers know what's best for us
Absoloutely no bias what so ever...........
That was sarcasm

I don't think the plantation owners in the deep south have slaves cutting sugar cane and picking cotton these days.🤔
no - but other countries further South produce sugar with labour and conditions not far off slavery

Latest posts

Back