Novice from County Kerry

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGoat

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

Thanks for having me. This will be my second year with the bees!

I currently have 2 national beehives and have some new empty NUCs ready to go for splits later in the year.

Have learned a lot off the local association and from Black Mountain Honey on YT and looking forward to the year ahead.

Thanks
J

North Kerry, Ireland

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks for having me. This will be my second year with the bees!

I currently have 2 national beehives and have some new empty NUCs ready to go for splits later in the year.

Have learned a lot off the local association and from Black Mountain Honey on YT and looking forward to the year ahead.

Thanks
J
Nucs for splits - very good. But please say where you are like others do as it likely yields better advice.

Welcome to the forum. How has it been so far?
Great, started with a NUC last June, which expanded very quickly to a brood and a half. Which I then split late in the season.

I picked up some queen rearing mini NUCs over winter also to experiment with this year if time and conditions allow!

And I have just finished some bait hives to place around a few local towns with relatives for interest!

What started as an online course over COVID to pass some time has really grown into a big interest for the family with everyone having a query or planting flowers for the pollinators out of it!

What started as an online course over COVID to pass some time has really grown into a big interest for the family with everyone having a query or planting flowers for the pollinators out of it!
That’s it!
There’s no hope for you now

That sounds great. Thanks.

Great, started with a NUC last June, which expanded very quickly to a brood and a half. Which I then split late in the season.

I picked up some queen rearing mini NUCs over winter also to experiment with this year if time and conditions allow!

And I have just finished some bait hives to place around a few local towns with relatives for interest!

Welcome, looks like you are already hooked !

Lots of stuff on here that will fill in the gaps in anything you have learned so far and perhaps make you think a bit more about what you can do for your bees. Never be frightened to ask ... some questions will have been asked before but there's always someone around to keep the wheels turning. Some questions have more than one answer and at least you can see the options - Lots of very good beekeepers on here with years and years of experience ... and a few of us with absolutely no idea what we are doing ..... you'll soon sort out those you want to follow. Stick around ... it's a very lively forum.

Back