Hello from southwest Michigan!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hello, I am from Constantine, MI and have had bees for 3 years. I am not quite new to beekeeping but would still consider myself a novice especially when it comes to bee diseases.

I currently have 3 live hives that overwintered wonderfully (Actually none of my bee hives ever died during the winter yet). I am interested in helping others out with what I have learned but especially want to learn from others. I am planning to split one hive soon and have package on order as well.

Currently I am experimenting with clover and have 3+ acres of Dutch White, Alsike, Sweet Yellow, and Berseem Clovers established. With that I am hoping to harvest comb honey this summer.

I am looking forward to the coming year and all its challenges!

Dr. Abe

Hello, I am from Constantine, MI and have had bees for 3 years. I am not quite new to beekeeping but would still consider myself a novice especially when it comes to bee diseases.

I currently have 3 live hives that overwintered wonderfully (Actually none of my bee hives ever died during the winter yet). I am interested in helping others out with what I have learned but especially want to learn from others. I am planning to split one hive soon and have package on order as well.

Currently I am experimenting with clover and have 3+ acres of Dutch White, Alsike, Sweet Yellow, and Berseem Clovers established. With that I am hoping to harvest comb honey this summer.

Dr. Abe
Hi Dr Abe
I think Mike Palmer from Vermont gets some great clover honey.
Is the honey different from each clover?
And what are you a Dr of?

I

Dr. Abe
if your after comb honey do a little research on honey types and get an idea when best to put the boxes for comb on, I’d avoid clover as it makes a nice set honey so perhaps best to avoid in your boxes for comb as it’ll likely set fast. Look out for this book it’s a good read
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30488535...MI4qjF86ei_gIVTOrtCh3_BwOZEAQYASABEgLgHPD_BwE

I'm not a Doctor. 😉 🙂 That I just my "fake title". My name is just Abraham. I am a farmer & CAD drafter.

I have not checked the flavor of the honey from each clover variety but I think they are similar.

Attached are some pictures of 2 hives I checked and fed today.

I actually have triple deep supers on but that is just to give extra space until I split.

Attachments

• IMG_20230411_115337.jpg
    IMG_20230411_115337.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230411_120605NEW.jpg
    IMG_20230411_120605NEW.jpg
    982.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230411_122914.jpg
    IMG_20230411_122914.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I'm not a Doctor. 😉 🙂 That I just my "fake title". My name is just Abraham. I am a farmer & CAD drafter.

I have not checked the flavor of the honey from each clover variety but I think they are similar.

Attached are some pictures of 2 hives I checked and fed today.

I actually have triple deep supers on but that is just to give extra space until I split.

Don't worry, apparently Eric's not even a half bee, titles can be deceptive.

Latest posts

Back