Hi from East Hampshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

⁸Jo Hewison

New Bee
Reaction score
Hello - Jo here - I have seven colonies, four in my garden, and two others and a weak colony on the clover 8 miles away. I would like a bit of advise on moving my bees from the clover. They are on double brood (Nationals) , plus supers for space, which I have now extracted. I will need to move the hives in a week or two, for the convenience of the landowner. My problem is that the double brood is now extremely heavy, and I'm quite elderly. The colonies are on fairly rough ground. Has someone got advice on the easiest way to move the bees when the time comes?

Hello - Jo here - I have seven colonies, four in my garden, and two others and a weak colony on the clover 8 miles away. I would like a bit of advise on moving my bees from the clover. They are on double brood (Nationals) , plus supers for space, which I have now extracted. I will need to move the hives in a week or two, for the convenience of the landowner. My problem is that the double brood is now extremely heavy, and I'm quite elderly. The colonies are on fairly rough ground. Has someone got advice on the easiest way to move the bees when the time comes?
Hi Jo moving hives always involves a bit of lifting, if nothing else ask at your local group. How did you get them there in the first place.

Hi Jo moving hives always involves a bit of lifting, if nothing else ask at your local group. How did you get them there in the first place.
They were only on single brood fairly obviously and not full of honey when I moved them there........Now on double bood full of honey and a super!!!!!

Latest posts

Back