New nail gun

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghornleghorn

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Does anyone have any recommendations for a new nail gun either corded,battery or cartridge powered and preferably less then £100-150

a new nail gun-

Brad type or a proper nailer? Do you mean less than £100 or less than £150? Nail size could be an important consideration.

Pneumatic brad nailers could even include an air compressor for less than £150. Try L*dl?

a new nail gun-

Brad type or a proper nailer? Do you mean less than £100 or less than £150? Nail size could be an important consideration.

Pneumatic brad nailers could even include an air compressor for less than £150. Try L*dl?

for 18g 32mm brad nails, preferably no more then £150, just for doing a few hundred frames a year.

I paid about 25 for a lidl electric nailer.a couple of thousand frames later and it still works like new.
Trouble is they only have them in store a couple of times a year.

I paid about 25 for a lidl electric nailer.a couple of thousand frames later and it still works like new.
Trouble is they only have them in store a couple of times a year.

I have bought 3 from Lidl and they are all broken. They jammed easily, but price is not much.

Arrow T200 for most small work, but that model is no longer made, I believe.

I use a L*dl pneumatic for the larger sizes. Had it several years and still works OK.

I use a Craftsman manual nailer/stapler for 15 (or 16?)mm brads - easier to place, lighter and generally more than adequate.

I had a battery operated thing, ex Aldi, at one time. Too heavy, too slow and didn't last long before going duff. Carp. I will never buy another, even if they have improved them.

Most will not drive brads below the surface. I always go over with a thumper to avoid any proud heads.

Be aware that 16mm brads may not fit a 15mm gun

I used to use different nailers for different sized brads. Changing brad sizes is a pain in the proverbial.

I have bought 3 from Lidl and they are all broken. They jammed easily, but price is not much.

I bought one from Lidl. It was great until a nail jammed the load mechanism. I could not free it. Contacted Lidl with all the details. Their supplier would not repair or replace it without the original receipt even though it had the date of manufacture on it. Lidl sent me a letter and my local store reimbursed me.
I have bought a Tackwise costing 3 times as much but it is an excellent tool.

Last edited:
If I don't put pressure on the gun the brads are always proud.a bit of pressure and they go all the way.

I use a Stanley staple gun with 15mm brads. Ran out of brads one time last year and had to use gimp pins and a hammer, which I hate doing. You don't get bashed fingers or snapped pins when using brads.

Arrow T200 for most small work, but that model is no longer made, I believe.

I use a L*dl pneumatic for the larger sizes. Had it several years and still works OK.

I use a Craftsman manual nailer/stapler for 15 (or 16?)mm brads - easier to place, lighter and generally more than adequate.

I had a battery operated thing, ex Aldi, at one time. Too heavy, too slow and didn't last long before going duff. Carp. I will never buy another, even if they have improved them.

Most will not drive brads below the surface. I always go over with a thumper to avoid any proud heads.

Be aware that 16mm brads may not fit a 15mm gun

I used to use different nailers for different sized brads. Changing brad sizes is a pain in the proverbial.

FWIW

I bought a nailer from a large UK company and it jammed after less than 20 goes. They politely replaced it, and it jammed.

Stupidly I bought another one, oddly another source (at half the price) supplied the same unit.

It jammed. After less than 20 goes.....

In over 28 years of making up frames my trusty nail hammer has NEVER jammed. :)

PH

I use a Stanley staple gun with 15mm brads. Ran out of brads one time last year and had to use gimp pins and a hammer, which I hate doing. You don't get bashed fingers or snapped pins when using brads.

I use the same and I fly thru making frames.

I have a tacwise 037 [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00074EQZ4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage"]Tacwise 0327 191EL 230V NAILER / STAPLER: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools[/ame]

It's very good for making frames.

I omitted the brand I had issues with but I hope yours is better than mine!

PH

Latest posts

Back