New nail gun

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Tacwise DGN50V 18 gauge air powered nail gun for making frames, bought it from Amaz*n a few years ago (add it to the basket then keep monitoring the price, it does fluctuate sometimes down to half in a few days/weeks). Toolstati*n is the cheapest source of 18 gauge brad nails I've found, they are available from there in most lengths.
I bought a Tacwise FCN57V coil nail gun from Amaz*n to build hives but I favoured stainless steel screws 4mm x 40mm from Toolstati*n instead. Hope this helps.

I bought a Nailmaster at the Looe Lions Car Boot sale two years ago. I jams after a few strips of brads but it's only 5-minutes to fix it. Great for frames.

The price? - asking £15, negotiated down to £10. Result!

CVB

Attachments

• DSCN2965.jpg
    DSCN2965.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 22
I have been using one of my Hitachi, they are 16g do take a little getting use to

NT65GS.jpg

Lidl were selling guns for £9.99. They only take 15mm nails but these are ok for frames.

Easy to use andd appears to work well..

Bought a compressor and makita f505 after, much better than the last one I had, 500 frames done without one jam and a lot more power than the electric ones

add it to the basket then keep monitoring the price, it does fluctuate sometimes down to half in a few days/weeks

Have a look at camelcamelcamel dot com ... they do this for you and email you when it hits the target you set. They also have price histories of many items. Simples.

I tried the Lidl nailer we bought last year, after an hour of faffing around with it and getting it to fire the odd nail, I then resorted to the hammer and put 25 frames together in the same time I wasted! I do have a 'Bostitch' air nailer so I'll have to give that a go.

I tried the Lidl nailer we bought last year, after an hour of faffing around with it and getting it to fire the odd nail, I then resorted to the hammer and put 25 frames together in the same time I wasted! I do have a 'Bostitch' air nailer so I'll have to give that a go.

I'd suggest trying again. I got one and it's fantastic, once you understand its quirks, e.g. you have to hold it tight against the wood or the brad will stand proud of the wood. I have to say that it's a lot easier than using that little hammer or the awl thingy - can put a frame together in seconds!

Bought a compressor and makita f505 after, much better than the last one I had, 500 frames done without one jam and a lot more power than the electric ones

very good choice of gun the AF505 keep it lubed and it will last years

Stanley has worked for me for a few years. On my second one now but I bought so many brads that I thought I might as well get the same model. I wouldn't be without one. It saves hours!
E

I'd suggest trying again. I got one and it's fantastic, once you understand its quirks, e.g. you have to hold it tight against the wood or the brad will stand proud of the wood. I have to say that it's a lot easier than using that little hammer or the awl thingy - can put a frame together in seconds!

Occasionally with a refill of brads, it fires the first and then will work but fire none. I just empty the brads out and replace then the other way round.. Works a treat.

It does make nailing in foundation a pleasure... and MUCH faster...

Latest posts

Back