National Honey day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today is the first National honey day. I’ve just promoted on my Facebook feed. Feel free to copy using my words below, add pics of your fabulous honey and spread the word! You deserve more sales after all your hard work this season!

“Honey is a lovely taste of sunshine captured in a jar ready to spread on your toast or pour on your porridge in the morning. Local honey from the beekeeper is something special so why not give it a try”

I’ve then tagged my local stockists advising my friends they stock my honey and added some pics 🍯 😊

ah yes, another disjointed and ill prepared BBKA attempt at relevance
Well ... first I've heard about it ? Nothing advertised or notified by my association ..,nothing in the national press ... Must be the quietest bee-centric initiative ever ...

Pigs might fly though. I suspect the government has more important things on its mind.
If they reach the requisite number don’t these petitions simply get discussed in some side room then archived anyway?

If they reach the requisite number don’t these petitions simply get discussed in some side room then archived anyway?
they get 'debated' but any vote is purely procedural and has no legislative standing.
In other words, it's just another sop to the great unwashed

National x days tend not to get any media support these days as there are too many, unless it’s a really important message eg Breast cancer awareness day. Even then it seems to have a lot less media coverage. The media are fixated by politics currently.

When I saw my friends post on FB, I copied and reminded friends on social media to support their local beekeeper and buy local honey. I’ve had a few sales from it so a few mins of my time didn’t go wasted :)

Do not waste your time and effort. Even if the legislation gets through, all you will get is fake info on fake labels. If you cannot verify it yourself, 99% of any info can be safely assumed fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll stop after this or I’ll have to ban myself for spamming.
View attachment 34190
Yes The King didn’t want to see her and neither did her MP either.

The whole event was a damp squib

Zero communication in advance and not on a weekend when most people would be free to either have a stall, event or customers to buy honey

Do not waste your time and effort. Even if the legislation gets through, all you will get is fake info on fake labels. If you cannot verify it yourself, 99% of any info can be safely assumed fake.
yep, Australia got away with it for years - selling Chinese honey to America labeled as produced in Oz

Latest posts

Back