National Honey Show

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanwood

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
5 - 8
I've seen some adverts recently for the National Honey Show. Has anybody been to them before please, and if so, what could I expect if I go along? Presumably honey :eek: but what else?

The only bee based events I've attended were Maisy Moors sale day, and the local association auction - so I just have absolutely no idea what to expect from a show, or convention.

If they're any good, I'd quite like ot attend the queen rearing talk, but wouldn't likely travel 100 miles just for that :rolleyes:

the nationaql honey show used to be very well supported but although there are very good honey on show thequantity is now much less , also covers mead and wax products

there is also a few retailers ( see NH show web site) and lectures and workhops ( £5 fees forpre booked workshops)

i will be there on the saturday, might even put in honey for the middlesex bench but not likley to win

Quick heads up - anyone planning on doing the Mod 3 workshop...only two places left at this point in time. Likewise Terry's Queen Rearing 6 places so don't think for too long (although likely to be repeated if you miss out at the Spring Convention using our association's hives - worked ok this Spring).

The lectures and workshops are non-partisan (relatively) and good quality.

Be good to meet up during the show...

Last edited:
Susbees, I got one of the last 2 mod 3 tickets last night, thanks for the reminder. Had been in Brum since Friday evening and forgot all about it. Got lift up, I think, with those lovely people from a well known Cornish Mead company down West.

Susbees, I got one of the last 2 mod 3 tickets last night, thanks for the reminder. Had been in Brum since Friday evening and forgot all about it. Got lift up, I think, with those lovely people from a well known Cornish Mead company down West.

Pleased to have been useful :). See you there.

Anyone for the last GenHus ticket? On your marks...

Latest posts

Back