Asian Hornet Presentation at National Honey Show

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In information posters why not call it non-native invasive hornet and show photos of native vs non-native to make the distinction in the eyes of the general public. No need to mention yellow legs or Asian . After all in the early days it was Joe Public rather than beekeepers who spotted the intruders. This should be encouraged as much as possible - all hands to the pumps so to speak.

As there are many Asian Hornets it may be better to call it by it’s real name The yellow legged hornet Vespa Velutina
Heaven forbid we now call it the French hornet seeing as how it's now established in France. Vespa velutina nigrithorax will probably still offend. And how dare we call Crabro the European hornet. Seems to me that people are very selective about what offends them. A quick dose of Ricky Gervais should help. 😄

The AHAT rep for our branch was talking last night. It appears that the BBKA posters are causing some issues in the West Midlands. The local authority parks department does not like the word "Asian" as it may be offensive trembles of the community.

Apparently the BBKA are looking into it
FFS!

The AHAT rep for our branch was talking last night. It appears that the BBKA posters are causing some issues in the West Midlands. The local authority parks department does not like the word "Asian" as it may be offensive trembles of the community.

Apparently the BBKA are looking into it
sounds to me like the usual 'somebody said' bullshine from the same list that keeps popping up on farcebook, together with
'There are some parts of Birmingham/Bradford that are no go areas for poppy sellers, (a lie)
'you are not allowed to say Easter or Christmas any more (another lie) etc. etc.
I'm waiting for the post on Facebook on Christmas day maintaining that white people who put Lynx Africa on their pits are being accused of cultural appropriation.

I will have to ask Innocent when I whatsapp him next whether they get 'Lynx Britain' out in Tanzania
I doubt anybody would buy it - who wants a deodorant that smells of sour grapes, stale beer, damp fag butts and disappointment?

sounds to me like the usual 'somebody said' bullshine from the same list that keeps popping up on farcebook, together with
'There are some parts of Birmingham/Bradford that are no go areas for poppy sellers, (a lie)
'you are not allowed to say Easter or Christmas any more (another lie) etc. etc.
I'm waiting for the post on Facebook on Christmas day maintaining that white people who put Lynx Africa on their pits are being accused of cultural appropriation.

I will have to ask Innocent when I whatsapp him next whether they get 'Lynx Britain' out in Tanzania
I doubt anybody would buy it - who wants a deodorant that smells of sour grapes, stale beer, damp fag butts and disappointment?
Should Tikka masala be on the list? I believe it originated in Glasgow (or was it some other traditional takeaway). Maybe even Fish and Chips which my wife senses even before getting in the car after me eating a surreptitious one of each the day before.

Latest posts

Back