Going to the National Honey Show?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was due to be there all three days until SWMBO organised a surprise lunch date for one of our friends!
I'll be there Friday/Saturday so looks like I'll miss you Wilco!

Will be there with my wife on Friday. Don’t really need to buy anything but no doubt will. Keep an eye out for me and say hello. Photo attached but will leave the chicken at home.

Attachments

• 221360F1-A584-4AD2-B761-53B9E1FCE60F.jpeg
    221360F1-A584-4AD2-B761-53B9E1FCE60F.jpeg
    996.5 KB · Views: 0
Too much on to go this year.
good place to go to see how not to enter something in a honey show though. Last time I went, many of the entries there (especially the frames suitable for extracting) were absolutely awful

I'll have my two daughters in tow (half term) so will mostly be wandering around the exhibition, collecting my order and looking for colouring etc. for them to do... No workshops or lectures for me sadly. The girls did enjoy microscopy on one of the stands last year though.

Too much on to go this year.
good place to go to see how not to enter something in a honey show though. Last time I went, many of the entries there (especially the frames suitable for extracting) were absolutely awful
I helped as a steward for that category this morning and there were one or two that were not perfect - but hats off for trying. I won a competition to steward for John Goodwin. V enjoyable and opportunity to learn.
Not one for raising my head above the parapet 🤣, I decided as a first timer at the NHS to try my hand in just 2 classes. I got 4th for my honey label and 4th again for Ling heather (very highly commended). So chuffed but will try harder next year!

Attachments

• 424D95CB-BD19-4B73-8C23-EFEF2EC04180.jpeg
    424D95CB-BD19-4B73-8C23-EFEF2EC04180.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I helped as a steward for that category this morning and there were one or two that were not perfect
the year I was there, the only place for many of the exhibits was straight in the bonfire (more than a few agreed with me) forget about suitable for extracting, even leaving them in a hive for feeding was a big ask. same with many of the honey entries - jars under filled, scum visible around the edges. I did take photographs to use in future talks but unfortunately I had a phone malfunction not long after and I lost the bleddy lot.

Last edited:
So what companies are in the trade section?

Latest posts

Back