National Bee Unit - End of Year Report 2011

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16:47, 18:26 (3 times), then 18:51...haven't had time to read them all yet :rofl:

Well, the carbon copy addressee had an auto responder:

"I am out of the office until 28/09/2010 and unable to respond to your message, if you have any urgent queries please contact, <removed> "
so I guess that sort of detail isn't necessarily of great importance . . .

Email the "Program Support" Office and let him know how many copies you received . . .
That would be office@

After all he won't be back until September last year . . . :)

It appears that the NBU, in common with other government agencies, is incapable of elementary computer systems development good practice - e.g. like testing changes before implementing them. It doesn't give me much confidence that the data they are holding and using is either secure or accurate.

I had six.. one for each hive...Maybe I should print them out and pin them in front of each hive for the bees to read...

PH

If I have this right, dividing 100 by colonies inspected times colonies found with AFB the risk is 0.02752

Statistically not significant... but if you had 200 hives 0.05504 and that IS significant!

being over 0.5 !!!!

Therefore statistically the more hives you keep the more risk there is !!!!

My copies (3 so far) were trapped by my spam filter... I suggest if you havent seen your copy check there first :)

Doesn't work like that.

firstly - incidence figures like this are not the same as p values.

secondly - the survey is done mostly/partly based on risk (aside from the RAS)- ie looking at hives around infected ones so is biased.

better to look at rates of apiary infection (or even single beeks) and then see if hive numbers in those is significantly different from non infecteds.

replied to the email they sent asking why I had received multiple copies and they replied with

"I am very sorry that you received the email update repeatedly, this was caused by a glitch in the email server system.

Many thanks for getting in touch and I apologise again."

"Dear Michael

Many thanks for getting in touch, I am very sorry that you received the email update repeatedly, this was caused by a glitch in the email server system.

Apologies again and Merry Christmas.

Kind regards, Jenna "

Very quick reply!

Well - I didn't get a Merry Christmas in my reply. Now I'm really miffed ...
================================================================

Dear Andy

I am very sorry that you received the email update repeatedly, this was caused by a glitch in the email server system due to the high number of recipients.

In future we aim to send the updates out in stages, so as not to overload the system.

Many thanks for getting in touch and I apologise again for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards, Jenna

I bet Jenna is getting fed up as well lol

I bet. is that where my taxes are going today, paying her wages to answer emails about duplicate emails?

Latest posts

Back