My Dear Fellow Beeks.....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haughton Honey

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Lots of Commercial hives.......
Dear All,

Logging on to this forum during the last week or two has been nothing short of painful, as I am sure most of the regular punters will agree. I used to enjoy a bit of banter and the aptitude for education, teaching and learning that was once displayed here at no expense. There are plenty of generous and experienced souls on here who give advice even when they don't really have to take the time to reply.

That is something for which we should all feel grateful as a collective.

Bickering, back-biting, never-ending complaints, snappy retorts and goodness knows whatever else seem to have cropped up during almost every other post and appear now to be the 'norm', with new posts sometimes even being created just to continue an argument.

Lord knows what impression this gives to new, hobbyist beekeepers and those who might be visiting to fact-find ahead of contemplating joining our craft.

We have all suffered the most atrocious 2012 season and subsequent lengthy winter. Many have lost colonies that they have painfully nurtured during the in-season months and it is no fun having sets backs and feeling that everything is against you. But it happens. That is the craft. I myself have lost a number of colonies over the Winter having spent not an insignificant amount of money feeding them in to the autumn and throughout. I am also no expert beekeeper and although I strive to be a better one, I still make stupid mistakes on occasions.

The weather forecasts are showing an upturn over the next 10 days and things will doubtless improve this 'virtual' environment.

Please please please, exercise some patience and think before you start typing away on here before we degenerate in to a vacuous environment that serves no purpose but only to insult and upset.

Thank you

HH

Dear All,

Logging on to this forum during the last week or two has been nothing short of painful, as I am sure most of the regular punters will agree. I used to enjoy a bit of banter and the aptitude for education, teaching and learning that was once displayed here at no expense. There are plenty of generous and experienced souls on here who give advice even when they don't really have to take the time to reply.

Bickering, back-biting, never-ending complaints, snappy retorts and goodness knows whatever else seem to have cropped up during almost every other post and appear now to be the 'norm', with new posts sometimes even being created just to continue an argument.

Lord knows what impression this gives to new, hobbyist beekeepers and those who might be visiting to fact-find ahead of contemplating joining our craft.

We have all suffered the most atrocious 2012 season and subsequent lengthy winter. Many have lost colonies that they have painfully nurtured during the in-season months and it is no fun having sets backs and feeling that everything is against you. But it happens. That is the craft. I myself have lost a number of colonies over the Winter having spent not an insignificant amount of money feeding them in to the autumn and throughout. I am also no expert beekeeper and although I strive to be a better one, I still make stupid mistakes on occasions.

The weather forecasts are showing an upturn over the next 10 days and things will doubtless improve this 'virtual' environment.

Please please please, exercise some patience and think before you start typing away on here before we degenerate in to a vacuous environment that serves no purpose but only to insult and upset.

Thank y:yeahthat:

Don't worry, once the sun comes out, the flow starts and the queen cells appear then everyone will be too busy for trolling & bickering.

Human behaviour usually precipitates to the lowest common denominator !
To lecture could be regarded as pomposity and so create it's own welter of vitriolic response ,this being counter productive to the cause of peace and harmony?
Grin and bear it :)
Bad weather ,grumpy bees
Bad weather, grumpy Beekeepers
As previous post, things will improve when idle minds have to consider real problems associated with beekeeping :D
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dear All,

Thank y:yeahthat:

We've all been twiddling our thumbs for way too long, all the frames, brood boxes and supers that I expected to take all winter have been built and I have read all the books I own several times over. I'm sure everyone else is as frustrated as I am that we haven't had a spring.

let us just focus on the bumper season that is sure to follow :)

M

I put it all down to beekeepers inhaling excess neonicotinoids from their affected bees.

And that's their own fault for not using matchsticks to aerate their hives.

Mad Beekeeper Disease.

Dusty

:iagree: with above but I do sympathy with experienced beekeepers having to listen repeatedly to our mishaps and often wonder what the hell we are doing but we are only human

I put it all down to beekeepers inhaling excess neonicotinoids from their affected bees.

And that's their own fault for not using matchsticks to aerate their hives.

Mad Beekeeper Disease.

Dusty

Not to mention the gaping holes in the crownboards...

It happens every year some times sooner and some times later but it's guaranteed to happen May be we should find another hobby to keep us occupied when beekeeping is not possible

:iagree: with above but I do sympathy with experienced beekeepers having to listen repeatedly to our mishaps and often wonder what the hell we are doing but we are only human

They have the option of not replying

Dear All,

Thank you

HH
Not a very good impression sometimes, as I asked a question once and I got told I was a 6 year old, That is why I have not posted a lot, but then other times there are lots of very good info talked about.
Will

May be we should all not be quite so sensitive, and realize that we are all very different, which in my humble experience is what makes the world go round.

Last edited:
Ok, I see now, if you say something bad and a few beekeepers dont like it it close it off, I understand now, just say nice things ;)))

oh-oh, I see another thread closure looming...
:eek:

Latest posts

Back