Module timetable for 2014

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcavebees

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Ok, I'm officially crazy, for after doing two modules on Sat i'm already planning which to do next.

A bit confused over the running order and don't want to not do modules in November that may not come up for a while.

So, my question is simple .....

A. Will modules 2 & 3 be available March 2014,
B. Will module 8 be available Nov 2014?

Anyone party to that info, or have worked out the code to attain the answer

Thanks,

(you have to do something when there is 6' snow outside)

Why not simply email the exam board secretary?

i was told by our exam secretary that it was

1,2,3,5,7 Nov 2013,
1,2,3, 5,7 March 2014
1,2,3,6,8 Nov 2014,
1.2,3,6,8 March 2015

but as MK says it may be best to Email Val Frances at the BBKA as it may have changed

Stephen,

Tom will be at an exam board this weekend - I'll be talking to him before then and will ask him to confirm.

My next exam choices will be from 2, 5 and 7. If I get my finger out I can prepare for two of those (November exam sitting) and (DV) tackle the third in 2014.....

That timetable looks better than what I first thought. I'm going to do 5 or 7 in November then.

modules 1,2 and 3 are offered every March and November.
5 and 7 alternate with 6 and 8. For November 2013 and March 2014 it is 1,2,3 5 and 7.
November 2014 and March 2015 it 1,2 3 6 and 8

The modules used to be run in two stages, with modules 1,2 and 3 being easier and module 4 being an intermediate exam that you took at the end of 1,2, and 3 to show you could summarise and integrate the knowledge. Then they decided to make the modules of equal difficulty so long as you take 8 at the end, so 4 was dumped as no longer necessary.

The modules used to be run in two stages, with modules 1,2 and 3 being easier and module 4 being an intermediate exam that you took at the end of 1,2, and 3 to show you could summarise and integrate the knowledge. Then they decided to make the modules of equal difficulty so long as you take 8 at the end, so 4 was dumped as no longer necessary.
My understanding is that 1,2,3,6, and 7 were at the same level and 8 a summary-and-history mix. 4 was 5 (Biology) at a simpler level, not very popular and made redundant. Although I expect I still haven't got it quite right :)

My understanding is that 1,2,3,6, and 7 were at the same level and 8 a summary-and-history mix. 4 was 5 (Biology) at a simpler level, not very popular and made redundant. Although I expect I still haven't got it quite right :)

Agree, the intermediate biology module 4 was dropped as so few took it, Most preferred to take the module 5 so reducing the number of exams (see 1st edition of yates 1-4 module)

Think it was Celia Davis who said only 3 people took the last module 4 exam

Latest posts

Back