LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawthorn just about done, brambles not yet out, lime probably 4 weeks away but seldom hot enough here to yield much.
Hoping willow herb will be out soon...

Had a wander down to Ealing Common at lunchtime and spotted a few flowers out on some of the more advanced trees.

Attachments

• 6AD3994D-5C8B-485B-B326-64013A9A2E48.jpeg
    6AD3994D-5C8B-485B-B326-64013A9A2E48.jpeg
    743 KB · Views: 18
id say a week away here in Norfolk

95F31CC4-8EA3-4845-9AB9-A94A9EA8261A.jpeg

Attachments

• 0DAF9EB1-82C5-4440-ADA0-B7310CD7704C.jpeg
    0DAF9EB1-82C5-4440-ADA0-B7310CD7704C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Looks promising in Birmingham, though slowed up this week I think, due to the weather becoming cooler.

Attachments

• Lime2.jpg
    Lime2.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 32
  • Lime1.jpg
    Lime1.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 27
First lime trees are opening their buds here in Northern Ireland and for once it is not freezing cold or bucketing with rain so who knows this might be the year for lime blossom honey if they take a break from the brambles.

Nearly open in Solihull. Fingers crossed for humid warm weather so the nectar does not burn off too quickly before the bees get a chance.

Depends where you live, drizzling since before 7 a.m here.

Noticed plenty of buds on the Lime trees in Whitchurch near Cardiff. Sycamore seems to have been the big hit around here this Spring.
Starting to bloom in barry, smell is heavenly

Starting to blossom down here on the Costa del Fareham. sadly I think there are nearer easier pickings for my girls as they are flying in the wrong direction ! The lime trees are next to a busy road and I suspect they don't like the traffic fumes or the nectar is not flowing ... yet.

Full bloom on some trees in Solihull, other trees around the corner the flower buds are only just developing. 21c Humiditt 69% and rising. Fingers crossed as they say.

Lime appears to be starting in Farnborough as of today, the aroma driving past some of the big trees in town was wonderful earlier.

Sadly SWMBO has outright ordered removal/relocation of the two hives from the outhouse roof by the weekend... Absolutely gutted as the bees were very busy today (and some still flying now!). I wish I hadn't inspected them at lunchtime yesterday as she arrived back from work...

Lime appears to be starting in Farnborough as of today, the aroma driving past some of the big trees in town was wonderful earlier.

Sadly SWMBO has outright ordered removal/relocation of the two hives from the outhouse roof by the weekend... Absolutely gutted as the bees were very busy today (and some still flying now!). I wish I hadn't inspected them at lunchtime yesterday as she arrived back from work...
Tell her you moved them. Every time she asks, look surprised and say a swarm just moved in.

Judging by what just happened when I tried to ask if they could stay, it's sadly just not worth it.
Have you thought about building a patio for her?

Latest posts

Back