LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That takes me back , I was stationed there in 1959/60

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In some quarters Privet honey is regarded as the ideal present for a mother-in-law who expects free gifts of honey!

Dead loss here - flower drying up just as weather looks favourable.
I have virtual no honey this year and don't see much comimg in over the next few weeks.:nopity::nopity:

I have virtual no honey this year and don't see much comimg in over the next few weeks.:nopity::nopity:

those in the south saw the brambles flower during the wet weather and hence not so good for us this year. brambles out later further north coinciding with the nicer weather so i reckon they will do better. my spring crop this year will be greater than summer.

It's sunny, 24 deg C and the bees are very busy today, but totally ignoring an Avenue of Lime trees just 50 metres away. The limes are in full flower but simply no activity. I headed into the woods 400 metres away and the brambles are covered with all of my bees and just about everybody else's as well. Who knows what they will find tomorrow, but today it's all about the brambles.

I'll second that - it's all about the brambles which is bursting out with the warmer weather. Usually my best nectar provider and with all the damp will keep flowering.

YES YES YES.......the sun is shining the humidity is high and the lime trees are humming with MY bees. I might get a crop yet! Wonder how much they can collect in two days!
E

It's sunny, 24 deg C and the bees are very busy today, but totally ignoring an Avenue of Lime trees just 50 metres away. The limes are in full flower but simply no activity. I headed into the woods 400 metres away and the brambles are covered with all of my bees and just about everybody else's as well. Who knows what they will find tomorrow, but today it's all about the brambles.

Have a look again late PM/early EVE and see if the situation's changed.

If you have balsam around it should save the year !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lime now in flower and a great smell coming from them warm and humid yesterday , today and tomorrow so my luck may be in.

Stephen

A lot of limes here in the Tyne valley are now humming. On our village green for more than twelve hours today. I've never been more glad of the later flowering of everything in the North East. The quantity of flowers is staggering and bees are spending an age where the land. I hope these so late opening flowers last a while!

Yes, what a difference a bit of hot weather has made. Last weekend they turned their noses up at the limes and were mad for the brambles. Wednesday was their first day on the limes and now they won't leave them alone. That of course is not a problem.

Lime trees in full flower here in Cambridge along Newmarket Road outside Marshall Aerospace. walk under them daily and its great to listen to the buzzing of bees lots being honey bees!

In the Tyne valley we've had three days hearing Lime Hum for at least twelve hours under most of the Limes around here. Today there's intermittent light rain and it's not stopping the foragers whizzing out of the hives in droves. Yippee and Yummee!

Walked around a large area in front of one of our apiarys this morning, there was one Lime still in full flower and another had fully set seeds. Here is the picture of the one in flower, not sure what type of Lime it is.

But nantmoel - it's covered in rain! The joys of living in Wales. :hairpull:

I thought it was those four warm days, coming so late in the blossom time, and that would be that. But today, after two days cooler and no interest in Lime, they've been on it big time again. Just for a few hours.

Latest posts

Back