LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got any news on Lime? Noticed a few flowers open here in North London today... no sign of any flow yet of anything.... few bramble flowers open I've seen but very little grey pollen coming in. Hope its not a bust this year :(

The bees are just beginning to look at the lime here, the odd flower in a sunny position is open but that is all. We need it more humid although the temperature has risen here today.
I am really hopeful for a good year. All the limes have white seed leaves showing so.......
E

I have been watching the lime closely here in the Midlands. Flowers are just breaking open and the bumbles are already on them. I am hopeful for a bit of warm weather to enable a good crop.

Just been for a wander around the village, a couple of trees here are in full flower from top to bottom whereas most others are just showing signs of opening towards the top. Lets hope they do their thing this year.

Just looked again and they are definitely on it now. It's very humid and oppressive here at the moment and was 21/22 degrees earlier.
:)
image.jpg

My bees have found it ....YEAH....needs two weeks of good weather. This week not looking brilliant but not disastrous. Two years ago they drew foundation and filled a box in eight days. This year I am stood by with all drawn box's . Go for it bees!
E

The odd flower open on one tree within flying range, bumbles have found it but not enough flowers yet for bees to be interested.

Snapped this picture on my out to watch the football yesterday afternoon, I bee landed just as I took the picture.

Still in bud here but blackcurrant is flowering.

So..... Now the lime is open, the temperature has dropped and it's raining cats and dogs!
Please warm up for the next couple of weeks!
E

So..... Now the lime is open, the temperature has dropped and it's raining cats and dogs!
Please warm up for the next couple of weeks!
E

Typical its in flower here, the weather is terrible, exactly like you describe! Grrrrrrrrr

Typical its in flower here, the weather is terrible, exactly like you describe! Grrrrrrrrr

Ours is not - we have had a cool wet June ending with a cold wet June.

Attachments

• IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 20
Whitchurch on Thames (near Reading) limes in flower yesterday; also sweet chestnut.

The lime flowers are starting to open in the park across the road from me. If only we could get a few warm, dry days I might get some honey.

Latest posts

Back