LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, my bumper crop two years ago had exactly the same lead up as this year. I'm ever hopeful. A couple of months away yet though!
E

When does the lime usually come out in London? I forget... ttltb, did you do well from the blossom this year? Less coming in now but we have brambles next before lime?

When does the lime usually come out in London? I forget... ttltb, did you do well from the blossom this year? Less coming in now but we have brambles next before lime?
Turn of June/July for us, usually. Brambles in bud already, yes. Got much more of a spring flow than usual but manged to turn a lot of it into bees, though, which is good. but a strong Q- hive is hefting VERY heavy so I'll take a look before I reQ and see what I've got.

You are aiming for strong hives at the beginning off July for the lime here, extracting by the end of July.
E

354fc09a5d9e35a568d67eaa72c6dff4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Unter den Linden" - one of the most famous streets in the world...

Except the lindens there are fairly newly planted and nowhere nearly as impressive as lots of other places where they are taller than the buildings and they are five storeys of rooms with very high ceilings.

Except the lindens there are fairly newly planted and nowhere nearly as impressive as lots of other places where they are taller than the buildings and they are five storeys of rooms with very high ceilings.

That's only because they chopped down a lot of the original trees to do building / roadworks!

Been to that city many a time. They have beehives on the catherdral roof (Dom)

Every year I promise myself I'll put bees in my garden, every year I watch the 20 or so lime trees flower in my street and curse myself for not actually putting bees in my garden.

That's only because they chopped down a lot of the original trees to do building / roadworks!

Been to that city many a time. They have beehives on the catherdral roof (Dom)

Blast! I went looking for some. I should have asked on the forum. Daughter lives there so next time

Every year I promise myself I'll put bees in my garden, every year I watch the 20 or so lime trees flower in my street and curse myself for not actually putting bees in my garden.

You must.

my dad had hives right next to about that number of limes. The honey was superb, a delicate pale green tinge to the colour and a wonderful flavour.
I wish I had limes near me.

I reckon I have 16 mature limes within 500m of my hives. Just thought of another seven. Last year all laden with flowers but too cold right through. Will lime flower well as second year running?

I reckon I have 16 mature limes within 500m of my hives. Just thought of another seven. Last year all laden with flowers but too cold right through. Will lime flower well as second year running?

All down to the weather. The mature lime trees that line a field I have an apiary in flower well every year and when you stand under one you can hear the buzz.

Whether they yield a good flow is all down to the weather. 2014 was excellent but last year next to nothing!

Latest posts

Back