LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nantmoel, you are a couple of weeks ahead of us in mid Wales, but I have a good feeling about this year. All I ask is flowers and sun together this year!
E

Which lime is that, please? I've never seen one with such glossy, coarsely toothed leaves. ta.

edit: Should have googled first - Tilia mongolica???

Last edited:
I don't reckon that will be open for a good two or three weeks!
E

this is one of the pics that made me think twas mongolica

That second pic looks quite different to the first one, to my old eyes, anyway! That looks more like one of the native limes! Sorry:blush5:

Attachments

• T mongolica.jpg
    T mongolica.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Lime is flowering in London, but with this weather, things are looking a bit sad at the moment.

It is the humidity that matters, not hot enough here but the flowers still have a week or two to go before they open. Keep my fingers crossed for you
E

My rule of thumb is that lime flowers with privet hedge which is flowering, but I have seen flower debris under lime trees, :(

This is the first year I've had a hive in my garden and I live in a lime tree lined avenue. How long do you think it'll be before these are flowering?
IMG_0953.jpg

Next week ish, hot and humid is what you want now!
Mine are almost there!
E

Back