LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But when lime flows it is amazing! It is worth the four bad years for the one good year, and the honey! It never sets, it is clear and slightly green and is as light to the taste as honey gets. Add a touch of chunk and you can sell it 100 times over!
E

First Lime wave of flowers open here. Hives are beginning to hum after the late May/June gap we get locally. :)

Limes are flowering in London NW5, but not N6

If all these limes are flowering now what's going to keep the flow going in July/Aug? Ivy? :eek::eek::eek:

Roola, light so far but yes. Droplets on the leaves but no sticky tarmac etc yet. They're on something; I had returning nectar foragers at 5:45am. Think it's lime based on pollen but may be blackberry.

If all these limes are flowering now what's going to keep the flow going in July/Aug? Ivy? :eek::eek::eek:
The honeydew from aphids? Think that made a large part of the flow last August here?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

had a nice surprise today - found two mature limes within 150 metres of my hives (concealed amongst woodland).

Just hope they find them and we get a flow on!

I smelt the little sweethearts processing Lime honey in my apiary this evening!

Smells like Lime flowers ! ( unless you are Jilly Goolden in which case descriptions of freshly mown grass, citrus fruits and other irrelevant information)

Not forgetting well used galoshes :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nor here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lime is just opening in South Hertfordshire, so that's the summer flow over

Just slightly further south than you Geoff and I see some in full flower and others that look well behind so perhaps more of a slow burn this year. I am also thinking no its all coming to an end, but its early in my book and everything is so lush and green the summer flowers should follow?? I have seen patches of impressive clover this year so all we need is luck and who knows.

Latest posts

Back