LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loads of lime out everywhere around here N6. Bees have been frantically filling supers - very excited!

They are in full bloom here, but have to say not much coming in, hopefully brambles and chestnut will do better soon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My undrstanding is they don't yield below about 25C, so a heat wave is needed.

Could someone please post a pic of these lime trees, I don't think we have them around my way

It's starting to get capped but not yet, not nectar though, not dripping... Water content probably still fairly high. I'm going to have to put a fifth super on tomorrow so will need a step ladder as it's on double brood. Quite looking forward to splitting this colony down now though tbh as inspections are hard work with the supers and number of bees but I'm not complaining ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No lime in flower still in Derbys, but aside from Bramble, I cant work what my bees are on.

I have a suspicion that they are fetching honeydew from sycamore? Anyone else having this?

Limes are now in full flower around us and it's 23 degrees today but not a bee in sight! :(

It's coming! My bees are all off in that direction. I think the top of the 100 foot limes are open, but not the bottom yet! Live in hope it might get a little warmer!
E

The Limes in my garden are in flower now, but bees not interested - they are keen on the the Lavendar though. Will check the out-apiary tomorrow, where there is a long avenue of Lime trees, but it is not hot enough and the ground may not be wet enough for them to yield.

It's all kicking off down my neck of the woods it may not be all lime but it's all gone a bit crazy in the past week.

Can't believe I didn't know this was at the front of my house!! Loads of buds on it. Anyone know how long it will be till it flowers? Buds are the approx size of pomegranate seeds

I noticed my local Lime trees were in flower yesterday....and the bees were hectic this pm, that lovely 'Lime marmalade' smell near the hives!

Let's hope the weather stays warm/sunny for the duration...

richard

Latest posts

Back