LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe I didn't know this was at the front of my house!! Loads of buds on it. Anyone know how long it will be till it flowers? Buds are the approx size of pomegranate seeds

In the next week or so but conditions have to be just right for a perfect nectar flow!
E

Seems to be brambles are my main flow. Loads of grey pollen coming in and 3 supers filled in the last week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

my bees are on the lime today. mostly on the top third of the tree. lovely hum coming from the big lime near the hives.

Mine are on Lime and brambles - crazy busy!

Privet seems to flower at the same time, I bet a large proportion of the London flow is privet too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Lime full wack today but temperature drop later in the week so hoping they work till midnight!
E

The limes round my way have been in flower a couple of weeks but unlike other years they are all flowering at different times, some have gone over and others yet to flower. I hope it will be like this every year as there are so many trees and the past ten days have been very interesting. The unsettled weather over the next week will be welcomed by me as things will dry up but would like the sun to shine afterwards.

It's looking like a great year :)

The limes round my way have been in flower a couple of weeks but unlike other years they are all flowering at different times, some have gone over and others yet to flower. I hope it will be like this every year as there are so many trees and the past ten days have been very interesting. The unsettled weather over the next week will be welcomed by me as things will dry up but would like the sun to shine afterwards.

It's looking like a great year :)

flow just started from lime trees in south Herts, The lime trees are humming with Bees

My local Lime trees have been in full blossom for three days - and my hives are starting on their 4th super.....

Hallelujah!

Hello from North Staffordshire. My 5 large limes are still in tight bud. Probably another 10 days before flowering. Lovely honey last year! Melbee

Saw some starting to flower in Coventry today, and the trees were dripping with honeydew.

Lime finally in flower here in derbys.....bumbles but nit masses of honeybees working the trees yet.

On a side note, could anyone offer experience of their bees working bird's-foot trefoil? Plenty of it in flower in the area and bees bringing back bright yellow pollen today?

Also, is Great Willowherb (codlins and cream) worked anything like Rosebay Willowherb?

Cheers

My lime is in full flow, the towering 100 foot lime avenue of 17 trees is white with flower. It is a bee motorway from my hives over the hill to the trees and back, hundreds a second! Woohoo!
E

Small Leaf Linden is blooming around the parking lots and on roadsides. American Basswood not blooming yet. First taste of lime yesterday when we were adjusting the brood factory nucs. 92˚F yesterday. Huge beards. Angry bees. Oh boy!

Latest posts

Back