Ladies, post your photo

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet again I'm struck by how many foreigner beekeepers wear little or no protective clothing. We must be a namby-pamby nation.

Yet again I'm struck by how many foreigner beekeepers wear little or no protective clothing. We must be a namby-pamby nation.
No they have just have better bees… We are the tough 1s😉

Nothing to do with very changeable weather in the UK : sunny one day, raining the next..

No they have just have better bees… We are the tough 1s😉
There's lots of really good bees here, but strangely most of them seem to be in the hands of a few (intelligent) beekeepers!

I was disappointed that their website referred to “women+” and went on to invite photos from people “identifying as a woman”.
So you could say that opened the record bid up to the entire human race. Meaningless stupidity.

That's why we all need to sign up to BIBBA
Did that back in the 90s for a few years memb number was in the 800s (I throw that one in as a bit of fun incase a recent sign up wants to tell us where the membership numbers have got to - that's if you still get a number of course). I've written some negative things about them since but age has rubbed a few of the edges off me and now I'd say that doing something is better than doing nothing "but" member or not, everyone should be culling every narky queen at the earliest opportunigh; failure to do that will perpetuate the problem.

Agreed but unlikely. I had someone asking for advice on how to deal with an aggressive hive a couple of weeks ago. Trying to find out a bit more, I was told the hive wasn't inspected last year because she couldn't deal with it and also recalled that the same person tried to sell that hive+ 2 others through the local club. Luckily she was too greedy and didn't get any takers. Her plan for this year was to kill the queen and let them raise a new one with her own brood😭🤯

Latest posts

Back