June 6th North Walsham Bee Disease Event

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picton farm

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Kieth Morgan is coming to North Walsham Garden centre on June 6th at 5.30.. Everyone is welcome. The Garden Centre will be closed apart from the cafe and there is plenty of parking.

keith is the regional inspector for east anglia ( which does include some swampy bits )

Thanks Tony, I should have explained myself a little better. I wasnt feeling very communicative this morning.
North Walsham is about 15 miles north of Norwich.

Counts me out as will be working. Though if I'm out that way I could take my late lunch break.

Some people have never been seen again after travelling there.

Anyone who needs directions. Please call 01692408929 or 07876762053
or the Garden centre.

Will they also talk about pesticides?

I have recently been to a Bee Health Day in Aberdeen, where the word pesticide was not even mentioned by the bee inspectors.

In light of all the recent research which has proven that neonic pesticides can severely compromise colony health and be the underlying reason for nosema and varroa as well as brood diseases it's crucial that sublethal poisoning of bees is considered when making a health assessment.

If the bee inspector doesn't mention pesticides, I recommend that you ask about them and refuse to get fobbed off with a reply like 'we don't have a pesticide problem in the UK'.

Have a nice time!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back