Instantvap

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaBees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Have seen this mentioned a number of times recently and weighing the merits.
Easy to use with hives floors that have landing boards?
Has anyone used this with a WBC ? The exit nozzle is short and any extension seems likely to crystalise the OA ?

Thanks

Has anyone used this with a WBC ? The exit nozzle is short and any extension seems likely to crystalise the OA ?

Thanks
I have one and I have added a right angle extension to go through a hole in the top of the crown board. It works well with no crystallisation. Pictures on this thread Thread 'Fruugo - cheap kit for the frugal' Fruugo - cheap kit for the frugal
Make sure you buy the cleaning silicone cap with it
I drilled holes in the rear of the floor on a couple first when I was experimenting. I don't like shoving it in the entrance as the bees don't like it much and they get coated before they can move out of the way

Last edited:

Thanks
No they don’t clog and if you have landing boards or double walled hive vape from a top eke or crown board.

Thanks Enrico.
Do you/can you drill while the floors are in situ ? Or do you switch out then drill and replace?

I've decided that OAV is the way to go for varroa control so to make it easier I'm converting all my old floors by adding a 15mm rim around the top of the floor and putting a 8mm hole in the back. Sealed when not in use with a stainless steel bolt.
Some floors already have room for a hole in the floor so I drilled those in situ.
IMG_2761.jpeg

Drill in situ. It takes about two seconds.
I have one floor that doesn't have a hole in the floor as Neil above.
I was going to quickly move them onto another floor but the 14x12 is pretty heavy so I think I might volunteer Stan to drill as you suggest

Another question.
Do you have to buy the dispenser separately and what does the yellow insulating cover do?

Another question.
Do you have to buy the dispenser separately and what does the yellow insulating cover do?
One dispenser comes with it. The insulating cover is for poly hives to stop it melting them. I think those are the things you mean. There are some good u tube videos worth watching

I have one floor that doesn't have a hole in the floor as Neil above.
I was going to quickly move them onto another floor but the 14x12 is pretty heavy so I think I might volunteer Stan to drill as you suggest
I doesnt need to be a big hole. I just stick a stick in it

Another question.
Dani. I've asked similar questions of the UK supplier. You get one dispenser with it, the cleaning caps are extra as are the poly hive protectors. Not a massive additional cost but still something I think should be included, especially the cleaning cap, purely on safety grounds.
The big yellow cover is also additional , and he informed me it isn't needed, just retains the heat better, meaning longer battery use.
A lot to invest , and feel it's still evolving, but as and when funds become available I'll probably jump, as it seems very efficient, and I already have the batteries.

I was hoping to have a look at the Instantvap at the NHS but the don't appear to have a stand! 😥

That’s good then, the NHS site doesn’t show it.

Dani. I've asked similar questions of the UK supplier. You get one dispenser with it, the cleaning caps are extra as are the poly hive protectors. Not a massive additional cost but still something I think should be included, especially the cleaning cap, purely on safety grounds.
The big yellow cover is also additional , and he informed me it isn't needed, just retains the heat better, meaning longer battery use.
A lot to invest , and feel it's still evolving, but as and when funds become available I'll probably jump, as it seems very efficient, and I already have the batteries.
The silicone bits are accessories, even the cleaner cap, the original Instantvap didn't have any extras. Mine came with a full list of instructions how to use, how to clean, etc and also the recommended rating of PPE.

The silicone bits are accessories, even the cleaner cap, the original Instantvap didn't have any extras. Mine came with a full list of instructions how to use, how to clean, etc and also the recommended rating of PPE.
Dud you get it from the UK store?

Not knocking it at all, looks a fantastic bit of well thought out kit. And very well peer reviewed all over. will definately be buying once I've sold this year's crop 🤣

Latest posts

Back