Instantvap

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have seen this mentioned a number of times recently and weighing the merits.
Easy to use with hives floors that have landing boards?
Has anyone used this with a WBC ? The exit nozzle is short and any extension seems likely to crystalise the OA ?

Thanks
I have some WBCs and I use a small eke with a drilled hole at the back and sublimate through that. Works well.

Dud you get it from the UK store?
Mine came from Budapest, before Duncan became UK distributor. Since then a few additions for dealing with poly, I think the cleaner cap idea was aimed at purging impurities from Apibioxal.
Also, in that short time, a safety cut off to protect the battery has been introduced so no need to keep your eye on the voltage display, unfortunately mine doesn't have that feature. I did buy a spare dispenser to use with nucs but if I'm honest, it would be just as quick to adjust the dosage setting and stick with one.

I got one of these a couple of days ago. Only used twice so far - 4 hives then 6.
Impressed!
Stable temperature control (I was concerned I was overheating with a Gas-vap), very quick & simple to use, no need for heavy gloves or tools to remove hot bits. Very quick indeed after the few minutes to heat up. A pleasure to use.

I got one of these a couple of days ago. Only used twice so far - 4 hives then 6.
Impressed!
Stable temperature control (I was concerned I was overheating with a Gas-vap), very quick & simple to use, no need for heavy gloves or tools to remove hot bits. Very quick indeed after the few minutes to heat up. A pleasure to use.
Giving mine a go at the end of the month.

Impressed!
I got mine beginning of last year, to be honest I don’t think there’s anything better, Simple and easy to use!

I got mine beginning of last year, to be honest I don’t think there’s anything better, Simple and easy to use!
I got one in August and it is a huge improvement on my GasVap. Easy, quick, trouble-free. I needed to get a second 5amph battery though.

How fortunate. I received a load of backdated dividends yesterday and as it was money I didn't even know I had I was about to blow it on one. I might hang fire for a while now to see what happens.

James

I'm not sure I see the change of displays as an improvement, I find the voltage and temperature displays easy to understand, I'm unconvinced interpeting the flashing led will be as easy. I also like being able see the battery voltage so I know it's getting low before it stops.

I'm not sure I see the change of displays as an improvement, I find the voltage and temperature displays easy to understand, I'm unconvinced interpeting the flashing led will be as easy. I also like being able see the battery voltage so I know it's getting low before it stops.
I’m happy with mine

That had crossed my mind too.

James

The big yellow cover is also additional , and he informed me it isn't needed, just retains the heat better, meaning longer battery use.
Duncan advised me to purchase one but when I found out what they were for I just made up a block of 25mm PIR which fits over the dosing tube and sits on top of the heating chamber to reduce heat losses.

Duncan advised me to purchase one but when I found out what they were for I just made up a block of 25mm PIR which fits over the dosing tube and sits on top of the heating chamber to reduce heat losses.
I did fork out for the yellow cover thing and I've no regrets. It keeps that area so clean. I didn't have one at first. I got it after making a bit of a mess just after the one and only blockage of the exit pipe occurred.

Latest posts

Back