Independent Online Beekeepers' College

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it worth looking at possibly starting an online beekeeping "College"

• Let's do it!

Votes: 67 51.1%
  • Worth invetigation

Votes: 50 38.2%
  • Not a lot

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
Oh please do this! I can't get to the local meetings but would love some sort of education re: bee keeping.

Oh, btw, I'm up for the uniform, can Queens and I be models for it.....lol, just had an image of someone in one of those smock type suits and stockings, batting bees away from their legs.....or trying to out run angry bees in heels.....on second thoughts, might stick to my mitchelin man costume for now ;)

Wont let me log in I must be banned already and I have not said any think Honest lol

Brosville...can I volunteer as a 'guinea pig student' or spell/English checker? Be nice to do something useful with the teaching qualifications and I don't know enough bee stuff to be of use in any other way! I'd even wear the uniform...;)

Brossville, I think you could have chosen a less contraversial topic than "how to light a smoker" as the initial course! There are going to be the pro-rotten wood brigade against the horse nuts mob, with some of the rolled up corrugated cardboard proponents fighting a small rear-guard action. All hell is going to break loose.

Well done

Last edited:
I will set a copy up on the forum and have a play with it.

even better!:coolgleamA:

You'll have hours of fun figuring the permissions....:D

Bros is it like Joomla and Mambo ?
I have used both of them a few years back.

Very similar - control panels from here to christmas and back.......:rofl:
Not too bad once you get to grips with it (lots of "moodledocs" links with "how to") - I've sent details of my "sandbox" version so you can crib whatever you want in the way of settings etc - it'll probably save you some fertling!
Please, give it a proper home, and make it work - I just want to see the day when we have rival factions vying with each other to be offering the best advice (28 different courses on lighting a smoker etc)...........

with lighting the smoker, i would be happy with my matches lighting first lol
I think they must get damp in the van!
Maybe wax onto the matches subject :)

with lighting the smoker, i would be happy with my matches lighting first lol
I think they must get damp in the van!
Maybe wax onto the matches subject :)

Any training on lighting a smoker which does not say " Take self lighting butane blowlamp and apply to kindling in smoker" is out of date and worthless..:coolgleamA:

Last edited:
Any training on lighting a smoker which does not say " Take self lighting butane blowlamp and apply to kindling in smoker" is out of date and worthless..:coolgleamA:

But then we would need safety training on using butane lamp :p

A hell of a lot of beekeeping questions have differing answers according to locality with no single 'correct' answer. Makes online learning a minefield of controversy

multi answers then
how to light a smoker in the east/ south / west / north/ N east/ N west/ S east.......could be a long answer :biggrinjester:

I think it's every reason to have different versions of things - "Bert's way with a smoker", Angela's "Be careful with it", and my own "Smokers -the explosives route.........":rofl:

Being a touch more serious, there's no reason why courses couldn't be "labelled" as "the usual way", "a different view", and "don't try this at home.....":coolgleamA:

Badges

Perhaps we could award cloth badges to adorn our bee suits (like scouts/guides?).

Iron on or stitch...but who will mark the exams? I nominate Rab!;)
Regards
TBRNoTB

Iron on ,other wise i will need a needle work lesson lol
I second Rab, you got the job ;)

Latest posts

Back