Independent Online Beekeepers' College

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it worth looking at possibly starting an online beekeeping "College"

• Let's do it!

Votes: 67 51.1%
  • Worth invetigation

Votes: 50 38.2%
  • Not a lot

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
So nice of you to say so!:rofl:

"and actually do something constructive instead" - you appear to have somehow missed the point entirely, that is what the thread is actually about - helping people, being positive, giving, probably with little thought of reward, unselfishness, that sort of thing.......

I really can't quite get my head round your "problem" with this concept - I made what I consider to have been a reasonable suggestion - that to fill a yawning gap, it would perhaps be a good idea to provide some learning material online, a co-operative effort perhaps between keen amateurs, who could spend some of their "down time" in winter helping other people learn the basics, (or the finer points) of beekeeping - it's all there if you care to read from the beginning of the thread. Over the years I've set up and run internet fora, and have some experience with content management systems, and a while ago "had a go" using Moodle, which is used all round the world to educate people by use of the wonders of the internet.
Had you cared to read what I wrote, I merely suggested Moodle as a very likely candidate as suitable software (in my experience), but did say that several others could be used instead. I've punted a "concept", an idea, that people may or may not choose to run with - I've also added a few ideas of my "vision", which is essentially not to be a control-freak about it, but see who offers to take part, and do the necessary work.
As a simple illustration, someone who charges for courses was somewhat disgruntled at the thought of "giving it away for free", so I pointed out that Moodle already has built-in "payment gateways" for those who choose to go that route - as I said, I've punted a broad idea, it's up to whoever wants to run with it how they implement it - I would like to see it be what I've said several times - a learning resource "by, of and for beekeepers" - which can be as simple as 14 different ways to light a smoker, to very conventional "courses".

Latest posts

Back