Honey room floor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P6TE

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am setting up a Honey Room and would be interested to know what others have used for flooring. I need something that is easy to clean but also a surface that my extractor won’t damage. I am considering tiling the floor with large tiles but what have others done?
Thanks

I am setting up a Honey Room and would be interested to know what others have used for flooring. I need something that is easy to clean but also a surface that my extractor won’t damage. I am considering tiling the floor with large tiles but what have others done?
Thanks
Tiled it and use a paint scraper to get any propolis off.before extracting I cover with a piece of vinyl. But don't roll it up afterwards as the propolis gets transferred from the top to the bottom. I then take that outside afterwards and spray it down. It also us easy to scrape propolis off.

Two part epoxy paint is what we are using.
I can't remember the exact brand, but the local RAF base use the same type for their hanger floors 😉

Thanks

I find a bit Mr Muscle window cleaner and blue roll removes honey, wax and propolis from my LVT flooring well enough but for areas most likely to see spillage I put down couple of sections of retired display flooring. They're about 4x3' each and I get them from the off cut and broken bits bins near the exit at B&Q. Been using them for a few years storing them against a wall when I'm not extracting.

Latest posts

Back