Honey Labelling.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the system I was using at the time and the TS said quite unambiguously that in their view to overfill, as in you know really fill to the top sort of thing was as bad as seriously underfilling. we had quite a long conversation about it and I told them that it had no attractions for me as with the sheer number of jars I was selling a year a gram or two over added up to a lot of honey given away.

I have seen more than one person ask about doing just that to be more attractive on the shelf.

PH

That is the system I was using at the time and the TS said quite unambiguously that in their view to overfill, as in you know really fill to the top sort of thing was as bad as seriously underfilling.

PH

I wonder why your TS disagrees with the U.K. Gov link?

I wonder why your TS disagrees with the U.K. Gov link?

Are there different Weights and Measures Regulations in Scotland, issued by the Scottish Assembly?

My nominal half pound jars did not look right with 227g of honey in them - there was an unsightly gap between the honey and the lid. The label now says 240g to reduce the gap to zero.

CVB

Latest posts

Back