Honey jar prices?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beenovice

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
This may be counting my chickens before they have hatched, but I have been looking at honey jar prices?
Has anyone found any good deals for 8 and 12 oz jars? I prefer hexagon but they don't have to be.
Thanks.

C Wynne Jones and Freeman Harding are good places to start.
I personally hate hexagonal jars....after buying 200.... Those corners collect bubbles when you jar and they are the devil to get out!

:yeahthat:

Although I was looking at T***nes yesterday and their prices were not too bad.

Last year I used octagonal rather than hexagonal (supplier was out of hexagons). The angles are less steep, so less of a problem with air bubbles. Still look quirkier than round jars. Just need to get the bees making octagonal cells.

This may be counting my chickens before they have hatched, but I have been looking at honey jar prices?
Has anyone found any good deals for 8 and 12 oz jars? I prefer hexagon but they don't have to be.
Thanks.

If you find any hexagonal jars that have a capacity of 8oz of honey, then please post a link!
Almost all such jars are designed around jam, which is less dense than honey. Consequently, if you put 8oz of honey in them, they don't look as though they are properly "full". So you put overmeasure into them …
I've got plenty of Pattesons "12oz" hex jars (from the offer I learned about on this forum last year - thanks again!), but wanting some 8oz jars, I'm going to get some of Paynes 8oz round honey jars, with supposedly the right capacity.

if you put 8oz of honey in them, they don't look as though they are properly "full". So you put overmeasure into them …

Sound ideal for ling heather honey.

Back